13 foot Boler Furnace - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2007, 09:30 AM   #21

Trailer: 1970 Boler
excellent thanks. So I guess that one completely elliminates the storage there. I have seen some others that appear to be narrower that still allow a small cupboard
Kurt in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:37 PM   #22

Trailer: 2005 25 ft Bigfoot / 2008 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4X4
Registry
Hi!
There is an ad in the Island Buy & Sell for:
"hydro flame BRC-10 propane furnace, stand alone furnace, no electricity needed, in almost new shape, had camper it came in since new and maybe used furnace 10 times. Parksville 250-240-3782 $375 obo"
I know nothing of this particular furnace - only saw the ad in the paper.
We do have the same furnace in our 1978 17' Boler though and find it works very well at keeping us warm!
FJ
F.Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:19 PM   #23

Trailer: 1991 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
I found a Suburban NT-12SE furnace on the net that seems tiny but mentions the use of a 12 volt battery with a 2.8 amp draw....does this mean you need power for it? ?? I always though these Direct Discharge furnaces didn't need power?
I think that's the same model I have in my 12-1/2' Scotty. 12,000 BTU. I have stayed in it down to about +20°F and then it was only running at about a 50% duty cycle to keep it ~70°F inside. Should be good to zero at least without too much bother.

Yes, the drawback to those is that they need 12V power to run. There is an electric motor with a fan blade on each end; one to circulate the hot air from the heat exchanger out into the camper, the other for a forced draft to bring in outside combustion air and push out exhaust gasses. There is a "flag switch" which will prevent the burner from firing if there is insufficient airflow, either from a blocked vent or low battery voltage. They include a circuit board which gives a pre and post purge.

The advantage is that they are very compact and can intake and exhaust directly through the side wall, no flue pipe required.

If you go with this model, let me know as I have information sheets and repair manuals in .pdf format that I'd be happy to E-mail to you.
Lee Hillsgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:16 AM   #24

Trailer: 1970 Boler
thanks Lee, thats is exactly what I wanted to know...no getting around lack of power there.

For now I will stick to a powerless one..but will keep it in mind. I would love to find one in that size though....those things are small!
Kurt in BC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, furnace