13' purchase advice - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-06-2014, 06:20 PM   #29
Name: David
Trailer: 2014 13' Scamp -standard w/ front bunk
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post

The comment about picking one up in FL was interesting. We bought our's a few winters ago in FL. We haver attended the FL Scamp Camp, Every year that I've gone there's been at least one fiberglass trailer for sale. ALso I met Floyd there and got to see his Scamp, it is very nice. Actually rallies are great for 'testing' out different brands.

As for the Scamp wheels, we have a Scamp 16 with 13" wheels and like Floyd have put many 10s of thousands of miles on them and never had an issue. Saying that many Scamp owners do increase their tire size.

Personally I'm a fan of the 16 foot trailers though I know many couples that are very happy in a 13. We have used both the Casita and Scamp 16s. We like the Scamp better because it's 3" taller inside, has more windows and appears bigger inside (though it is not). As to trailer quality I saw no real difference between the two.

As to getting dressed in the morning, it's certainly not a problem in our 16. Ginny does it at the front end, I make up the bed and than I get dressed while she makes coffee. I think trailer people develop a process, come to a recognition on how little space and stuff one needs to live.

If you can wait and want to see our Scamp 16, we should be home in April, leaving again in early May returning in July. (We're on the roads about 7 months a year.) We live in Hampton Beach, NH. If interested I can PM you our address and phone number. Until than you can see the details about our Scamp under Modifications/Preparing a 1991 Scamp.

Look forward to meeting you.
Norm and Ginny,
Many thanks for your advice and the invite to see your Scamp in Hampton Beach. Thanks to the abundance of great advice we've received from this forum, and some additional research prompted by that advice, we've clarified our thinking and are about to order a Scamp. We're excited and looking forward to picking it up in MN this spring. I hope we'll cross paths on our travels.

David and Susan

WDavidG is offline   Reply With Quote