13' Scamp back window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2019, 09:14 AM   #1

Name: Betty
Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13
TX
13' Scamp back window

My 1985 13' Scamp's previous owner put an a/c unit on the left side of the back window. It was a sliding window and I was wondering if anyone has replaced their's with the current one that Scamp offers. I'm unsure if it will fit.

Thank you
bojetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:20 AM   #2

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Scamp still uses a sliding window for the back. My 2019 model has a slider. Not sure if it would be the exact same dimensions as yours, but a call to the Scamp factory might be in order. They are very friendly folks and are more than willing to help you out with questions, even on their old trailers. They may not still stock a window for you, but could answer most of your questions.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:24 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Good advice. I think it's likely the window is still the same because the shell was modified specifically to fit that slider, but a call to Scamp will verify. Before you call, measure the overall length and width in case they ask.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:55 AM   #4

TX
Scamp back window

I had called Scamp and the person I talked to told me he thought it would fit but I don't want to order it if I don't know for sure. I just thought someone else had already replaced one and knew for sure. I'll call Scamp and see how I should measure my window.

Thanks everyone.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:09 PM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
My 1986 rear slider and your 1985 slider windows were Herr 4600 or 4700 models(old age eludes me witch one. Its marked on the frame if you remove the window) which were obsolete along time ago. I spent months looking for a replacement lower track. You will have to order new windows if you need to replace those old radius slider windows. Good thing though the new ones will have better seals and slide easier. You will need to check with Scamp to see if they stock the same cut out size. Remove the inside trim ring and measure the frame width and heigth. Please let us how it turns out.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:45 AM   #6

TX
Thanks, Steve....I'll probably take my Scamp to someone who knows what they are doing because I don't know about windows nor the words for all the parts.

Tags
scamp