13' Scamp No Title - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2007, 04:46 PM   #1

Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT
Hello All,
Long time lurker, first time poster. I have dreamt to own an egg, for quite a while and I finally have found a Scamp that I can afford, (even tho it needs a lot of work), But the seller has no title. Has anyone dealt with this issue? Is it worth the hassle? Is it even possible to title it? I live in Illinois and the seller lives in Missouri. Any Advice out there? Thanks Mary
M Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Hello All,
Long time lurker, first time poster. I have dreamt to own an egg, for quite a while and I finally have found a Scamp that I can afford, (even tho it needs a lot of work), But the seller has no title. Has anyone dealt with this issue? Is it worth the hassle? Is it even possible to title it? I live in Illinois and the seller lives in Missouri. Any Advice out there? Thanks Mary
Some part of N.A. don't require a title. You will have to find out the rules for where the trailer is from and your local rules. If you really need a title you can get one from Nevada. Joe MacDonald posted a link in the forums responding to my asking a similar question. Look for the link posted in the 3rd message in this thread.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Trillium Outback
Registry
I saw that trailer listed. The no title situatoin worries me. Before I put any money down on purchasing that trialer, I think it would be worthwhile to get the vin number and attempt to trace the tralers pedigree. It does appear to have a MO plate on it.

I am pretty sure MO requires a title and I know that Illinois does. Illinois would create a title based on a Bill of Sale when you went to register it. Not having a title wouldn't stop Illinois from registering it. Problems might develop if the vin is reported stolen somewhere. Legal owner would regain possession and you would be out your money.

Curt
1998 K2500 Chevy Silverado 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4X4, ext cab, short bed
Curtis F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:49 PM   #4

Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT
Thanks for the replies guys. I will try to get the VIN. I did ask my DMV and they said Missouri and Illinois both require a title, so I guess this is not going to go as smooth as I'd wished for.
I'll let you know what happens. Mary
M Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:05 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
In case you don't already know it, Scamp puts the VIN number on the sticker inside the the A-frame on the curb side and also stamps the VIN into the metal on top, about a foot behind the edge of the coupler. You may have to remove some paint to see it, but first try shining a bright light across that area for contrast.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp