13' uhaul - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #15

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Love those UHs, have one of my own. Welcome to the group, Brian. Do you have any photos you can post in this thread?

I love to see other UHauls.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #16

Name: Robert
Trailer: CT13
Indiana
Let me know if I can help anyone on replacement window information also. I have replaced both side windows and the front window on my uhaul. It' hard to find the date if you are unable to find any stamped ones. I am in the process of replacing the counter top and other changes.

317 six five zero 1169

Robert

Old 11-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #17

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
This thread should give you a lot of good instructions. Note that the NOS windows in this thread are no longer available, but the rest of the information should be very helpful to anyone working on their UH windows.
New old stock uhaul side windows
Old 11-08-2013, 06:02 AM   #18

Name: James
Trailer: uhaul 13
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higginra View Post
Let me know if I can help anyone on replacement window information also. I have replaced both side windows and the front window on my uhaul. It' hard to find the date if you are unable to find any stamped ones. I am in the process of replacing the counter top and other changes.

317 six five zero 1169

Robert
Hey Robert, I could use some help on replacing the front window. My 13 did not come with a gravel guard. Also the window is plexiglas. I took it out and cut a new window out of plexiglas. The rubber is to short that surrounds the window,still leaks. Did you replace that rubber seal?

Thanks, Jim
Old 11-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #19

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
The Uhaul front window should be held in with a clamp ring on the inside. Use the black butyl tape to seal the window frame to the fiberglass. Or are you talking about sealing the plexiglass to the window frame. Your best option may be to buy a rear window from Scamp, about $150 plus shipping, and install that in the front, then you will have a window that you can open. Another member here has done it. I replaced our rear window with a Scamp window, had to widen the opening by about 1" total, 1/2" each side. If you do go with a Scamp window, front or rear, DO NOT use the foam tape that Scamp sends with the window, it will leak, use the butyl tape. Also I had to put the clamp ring on backwards because of the wall thickness. Our Uhaul does not have the gravel guard either. I had a lot of leakage problems, front window included, finally got it all resolved!! Robert has the info as to where to get custom sized windows at a reasonable price, better than anywhere I could find.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:29 AM   #20

Name: James
Trailer: uhaul 13
Wisconsin
Thanks, I think I will check with ordering a scamp window. Looks like a spring project.

Later, Jim
Old 11-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #21

Name: Robert
Trailer: CT13
Indiana
I was able to take the front window out and replace it in 4 hours. Also scamp has a gravel guard you can get for the new window. Note: It may take you longer to get the window out of the shipping container than you would expect. It comes in wooden crate.

Tags
uhaul