13ft Boler jalousie windows - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2019, 12:01 AM   #1

Name: George
Trailer: Boler
Quebec
13ft Boler jalousie windows

Hello, I would like to replace the jalousie windows on my 75 Boler.

The glass is broken on one side and the aluminium frame is bent on the other side.

I'm now living in the Boler for the summer, so I would like, if it's possible, to simply remove the assembly and replace it with something else without turning the whole thing into a project.

- Is it possible, can someone tell me if they found a place with windows that would fit?

- What is the size of the hole once the assembly is removed?

- Could I simply install something like this?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/TAFCO-WI...-202033259-_-N

Thanks.
George Gagnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:36 AM   #2

Name: Mel
Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th wheel
Nova Scotia
13ft Boler jalousie windows

George Gagnon, I do wish we were neighbors as I have a similar problem. Please do not throw away either window if you do remove them as I would simply need a few removable parts from one which I have not yet been able to find from anyone or the market. I recently bought a 76 Boler that had just been used as a deer hunting shelter and the hunter for the last few years. Our hunter had just cut off all the opening mechanism for shooting purposes. I have looked at all the windows you posted. I believe the holes in mine are in inches 24 wide x 17 1/2 high, witg square corners. I would appreciate it sincerely if you and anyone who has changed their windows to contact me at mocomeau@ns.sympatico.ca so that we might all be able to communicate and become better acquainted with the possibilities and the problems.

Mel Comeau
Mel Comeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:51 AM   #3

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
windows

Have either of you two checked for RV salvage yards in your area, take Quebec for instance have you tried the last stop garage in Labrador??
Nova Scotia you have Cape Breton, NS, NB, PEI, NF all nearby to check for these parts.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:57 PM   #4

Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
Have either of you two checked for RV salvage yards in your area, take Quebec for instance have you tried the last stop garage in Labrador??
Nova Scotia you have Cape Breton, NS, NB, PEI, NF all nearby to check for these parts.
Stude

Well, I'm in BC right now, any suggestion?

I'm around Mission, I will be in Clearwater next month.

Thanks.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:58 PM   #5

Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Comeau View Post
George Gagnon, I do wish we were neighbors as I have a similar problem. Please do not throw away either window if you do remove them as I would simply need a few removable parts from one which I have not yet been able to find from anyone or the market. I recently bought a 76 Boler that had just been used as a deer hunting shelter and the hunter for the last few years. Our hunter had just cut off all the opening mechanism for shooting purposes. I have looked at all the windows you posted. I believe the holes in mine are in inches 24 wide x 17 1/2 high, witg square corners. I would appreciate it sincerely if you and anyone who has changed their windows to contact me at mocomeau@ns.sympatico.ca so that we might all be able to communicate and become better acquainted with the possibilities and the problems. Mel Comeau

If I change the windows, I will contact you.

Cheers.

Mel Comeau[/QUOTE]
Old 04-17-2019, 11:16 PM   #6

Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Comeau View Post
I believe the holes in mine are in inches 24 wide x 17 1/2 high, witg square corners.

Are you sure these are the exact measurement of the holes?

Because this really looks like a Boler window.

24x16 Crank Out Windows
Old 04-18-2019, 01:23 AM   #7

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gagnon View Post

Thanks.
own I-5 there is a RV salvage guy in Centralia, he might have what you want so look up RV SALVAGE Centralia, WA Email him or phone him they take old and strip them the what they cannot use probably goes to the dump. Another person to check out is on FGRV and try and reach Donna D she has other locations we do not know about.
We also came across on in the eastern side of Cour-D-Alane, we used to know a Gagnon family in Burnaby 39 years ago, more on my wife's side of the family.

Sounds like your heading for Alaska. We spent 12 weeks traveling BC, Yukon, Alaska, Alberta, back to BC and home. We did old town Quebec about 4-5 years ago and loved it, was a great visit, were thinking travelling through Labrador, visiting the last Place Garage as we'll have to fuel up to make it to the Ferry which is another 275-300 miles up the road, might have to pack a extra 5 gallons as we get around 12/14mpg.

Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 01:35 AM   #8

Name: Tenneille
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:

Thanks.
You can buy parts from vintage trailer supplies . The glass can be replaced . Ian Giles has a post on Youtube on how to take apart a Jalousie and put back together.
Tenneille M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:13 PM   #9

Name: James
Trailer: 1976 Boler Voyager 13'
Ontario
G'day: Others have made some good replacement part suggestions so I would only add a comment. Jalousie type windows were/are used on many types and makes of pick-up truck tops--scrap yards should be a good source of the common parts such as the crank mechanisms, though you may have to do your own removal from the scrapper. Also, IMHO, if at all possible, the jalousie window should not be replaced with a slider--one of the real benefits of the jalousie type is the capability of being used in the rain--can't do that with a slider.
JamesML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:28 PM   #10

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
The only windows that you know will for sure fit are the windows that are already there. I would count on any replacement not being a direct fit.

#1 advantage of many of the vintage trailers is jalousie windows. My 13 foot Trillium has six jalousie windows, that open fully and can be opened in the rain. Meanwhile, my modern Escape 19 only has 4 windows that open, three are sliders so at best you are getting about a 40% open. Can't leave them open in the rain either.

I would do all I could to fix what you have. Just one opinion.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:36 AM   #11

Name: Mel
Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th wheel
Nova Scotia
Quote:
Are you sure these are the exact measurement of the holes?

Because this really looks like a Boler window.

24x16 Crank Out Windows
Ther are at least 1/2 in not as tall as those of my older Bolers and Scamps. However this is their availability. :-) " 2416COW
Sorry. Item is unavailable.
24x16 Flush Mount Crank Out Window
White"
Mel Comeau is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, jalousie windows, windows