16' Casita (Spirit or Liberty) Deluxe - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #15
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
We have a topic that addresses the bed sizes (and gives dimensions). Look at the posting by Brian_B-P, about half-way down the first page. If anyone sees a trailer not listed and knows the size of the bed, please feel free to add that information: Bed Sizes

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:29 AM   #16
Trailer: Chalet (XL1930)
You have 4 choices if you want to fit your RV trailer in your garage.
Chalet, all models including the XL series.
A liner, all models
Trailmanor, some models
Hi-low, some models
We own the Chalet XL1930, we bought ours new in 2006 and we store it in our garage.
We use our Chalet all year around, rain or shine, as we live in California, we camp on the beaches, rivers, mountains and even Death Valley.
One member of this site mentioned water leaks in all A frames. Well in 3 years of camping, we have never had rain leak into our XL1930 and we have a Heki pop up window over our queen size bed. In fact we love to sleep in our Chalet on rainy nights, and we have been in some very wet and windy nights.
The main advantages of the A frame campers are, 30 second set up time, lots of elbow and headroom, great fuel milage, no swaying in high wind, no storage fees and cheap insurance.
They are more expensive than bread box type trailers of the same size, but in the long run they save you money lots of money.
When we pull into a site with our mountain bikes on the rear bumper and have our XL set up with jacks down, water, sewer and electrical hooked up and the air conditioner running all in less than 3 minutes, other RVers tell us how they wish they had it this easy.
There is no way to compare a bread box type trailer to an A frame, and we will miss all the A frame advantages when we retire and move up to an Airstream after we reach our 60's.

Eagle out.

JMoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:04 AM   #17
Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita
We sold our 26' hard side self contained, to buy a tent trailer(kids left home and I wanted a smaller pickup),, sold the tent trailer(two years later) to buy an Aliner, sold the aliner to buy a Casita. I would never trade back. The Aliner was hands down, an improvement over the tent camper. My wife did not want to part with it. But we did. Never had any problems with it, except in winter. It was hard to keep warm. I am talking 15 to 20 degrees. Ours was a 2002 and was just pretty handy and easy to pull. The newer ones are even better. I would not hesitate to buy either a Chalet or Aliner. But I also would only part with my Casita, for an Escape 5.0!

The Scamp is taller, but Scamp seems to have the same decor as it did 10 years ago.

Randya is offline   Reply With Quote