16' Scamp Table Troubles - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #1

Name: Fred
Trailer: Scamp 16' Side Dinette
Delaware
16' Scamp Table Troubles

We have the model Scamp with the side dinette. When I go to turn the table into a bed I can't get the white round pipe with the plastic ends to come out of the base. I had to resort to taking the screws out and beating it out with a hammer. I either have to find out how to solve this or get a bigger hammer since we use it as a bed every night. Help... somebody must have solved this problem in the past. Thanks
gerejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #2

Name: gary
Trailer: 16' 1998 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
Spritch some WD40 on the places where it got stuck. Also make sure there's no "gunk" in the top and bottom receptacles.
fusedlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerejon View Post
We have the model Scamp with the side dinette. When I go to turn the table into a bed I can't get the white round pipe with the plastic ends to come out of the base. I had to resort to taking the screws out and beating it out with a hammer. I either have to find out how to solve this or get a bigger hammer since we use it as a bed every night. Help... somebody must have solved this problem in the past. Thanks
What you're describing doesn't sound like Scamp Standard equipment so you might not get specific answers. Maybe a picture or two would help.

As a general rule when something is sticking or a moving part doesn't like to move cleaning and lubricating will fix the problem. I don't think I would use the fix WD40. WD40 has a tendency to leave residue and get sticky. On plastic (usually nylon in these cases) a very light coat of a teflon based lubricant or a very light coat of petroleum jelly should do the trick. Clean the mating parts really well before adding any lubricant.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #4

Name: gary
Trailer: 16' 1998 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
Oof... I didn't read that. I just "assumed" (and we know what THAT means) the OEM stuff. On plastic, it's a "no".
fusedlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #5

Name: Fred
Trailer: Scamp 16' Side Dinette
Delaware
The cleaning was solution. I cleaned it with liquid cleaner and rubbed the plastic parts and the inside of the alum. base plate with 600 grit sandpaper wet. Can't make it stick now! True test will when we use it again in a month at the Hershey Pa. Car Show in Oct.
gerejon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp