1954 ranger pop up restoration - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #1

Name: Jim
Trailer: pop ip
NJ
1954 ranger pop up restoration

Hi I'm restoring an old ranger pop up and having a hard time getting a new seal to join the top and bottom. Any ideas?

Jim
santjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Jim. It was nice seeing pictures of your vintage Ranger, but I have to tell you that FiberglassRV has a focus based on all molded towables. Not motorhomes, not truck campers and not tent trailer popups. Someone may be able to help you, but you may find more information on a forum that focuses on your particular trailer. Is there a vintage popup forum someplace on the WWW?

Best of luck
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #3

Trailer: Boler 1984
Search of members says that santjim has only made 1 post. Where did you find pictures of his Ranger? They were kinda nifty-fifty. I wouldn't mind seeing his progress even if it isn't a true Fg rv.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #4

Blew it again! Man, this sometimers disease is getting bad. It was Denny's Ranger pics I remember. No one posts about this vintage tent trailer ever... then two within a week. Maybe Denny can help Jim since they're both owners. And maybe one of them knows about a vintage tent trailer forum which would be helpful for other kinds of questions that are specific to this towable.

I certainly don't have problems with other kinds of towables, but it's always more helpful to find a better more useful forum for specific Q&A that doesn't have anything to do with molded.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #5

Trailer: Home Built
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Blew it again! Man, this sometimers disease is getting bad. It was Denny's Ranger pics I remember. No one posts about this vintage tent trailer ever... then two within a week. Maybe Denny can help Jim since they're both owners. And maybe one of them knows about a vintage tent trailer forum which would be helpful for other kinds of questions that are specific to this towable.

I certainly don't have problems with other kinds of towables, but it's always more helpful to find a better more useful forum for specific Q&A that doesn't have anything to do with molded.

I think the confusion for people is the name fiberglass rv....not molded fiberglass rv....maybe, possibly, I don't know and should keep my mouth/computer shut
D White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #6

I think you're right Dave and if folks accidently pop in, it's in our best (niched) interest to help them find a better place for their brand/questions. Twelve years ago, when FiberglassRV started up... forums were a bit of a novelty. Otherwise, the name may have been different if the (then)owner thought it would become a future problem...
Old 07-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #7

Name: Robbin
Trailer: 1955 Hille Ranger
Texas
santjim, i too have started a project of restoring a Range popup and would like to share ideas and solutions. if others don't care for our banter maybe we can post updates often.
rlroberts55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:37 AM   #8

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
They were kinda nifty-fifty. I wouldn't mind seeing his progress even if it isn't a true Fg rv.
I agree Jim,
There are pictures here.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ton-53479.html
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote