1970 boler furnace ???? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #1

Trailer: 1970 Boler
Send a message via MSN to Brandon G
hi everyone, i have a 1970 13' boler me and my gf bought about two weeks ago and im almost done restoring it - paint, upholstry, windows, floor ect. and im looking for a furnace or something that can be modified to fit it. i know you can buy the catalytic heaters but aparently they are illegal. is there anything i can do or use that hooks up to propane??? thanks.
Brandon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:25 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler and 1988 Bigfoot
Quote:
hi everyone, i have a 1970 13' boler me and my gf bought about two weeks ago and im almost done restoring it - paint, upholstry, windows, floor ect. and im looking for a furnace or something that can be modified to fit it. i know you can buy the catalytic heaters but aparently they are illegal. is there anything i can do or use that hooks up to propane??? thanks.
Hi Brandon Did your Boler have a heater or not I tried to find one for my Boler but ended up just taking old heater to a heating company and they got it working good as new,also how were you able to get your Boler ready in 2 weeks it took me 3 months /nights only anyway do you have pics ready...
Rick.....
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Hi Brandon Did your Boler have a heater or not I tried to find one for my Boler but ended up just taking old heater to a heating company and they got it working good as new,also how were you able to get your Boler ready in 2 weeks it took me 3 months /nights only anyway do you have pics ready...
Rick.....
Hi Brandon this is Rick did you get my pics I sent them to you and they did not bouce back this time hope so . Rick and THE BC BIGFOOT...
Old 05-17-2009, 11:13 PM   #4

hi rick, ya i did get your pics. looks good thanks for those. my boler didnt have a heater in it when i got it but all the wiring and the propane lines are there but just plugged off. the heaters seem to be really hard things to get ahold of and they dont make them any more. where did you pick yours up from? did you have to modify things? and what kind of heater was it? anyways i have time off work right now so i basically have nothing but time to work on the boler, i been spending all day every day working on it actually last night i was out working on it untill about 230 am. haha. its coming together really nicely, the paint, the fiberglass. flooring is going in tomorrow. i have alot of pics that i will post asap. Brandon
Old 05-18-2009, 10:32 AM   #5

Quote:
hi rick, ya i did get your pics. looks good thanks for those. my boler didnt have a heater in it when i got it but all the wiring and the propane lines are there but just plugged off. the heaters seem to be really hard things to get ahold of and they dont make them any more. where did you pick yours up from? did you have to modify things? and what kind of heater was it? anyways i have time off work right now so i basically have nothing but time to work on the boler, i been spending all day every day working on it actually last night i was out working on it untill about 230 am. haha. its coming together really nicely, the paint, the fiberglass. flooring is going in tomorrow. i have alot of pics that i will post asap. Brandon
Hi Brandon my Boler came with a furnace, I see that you are from Beautiful BC. On Craigslist Vancouver there were a couple of rv furnaces for sale that would fit in a Boler even the new one that is in my BIGFOOT would fit anyway have a look,anyway when you are done you could bring it to the Fort Langley Glasss Egg Meet in Sept Rick and THE BC BIGFOOT...
Old 05-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Hi Brandon my Boler came with a furnace, I see that you are from Beautiful BC. On Craigslist Vancouver there were a couple of rv furnaces for sale that would fit in a Boler even the new one that is in my BIGFOOT would fit anyway have a look,anyway when you are done you could bring it to the Fort Langley Glasss Egg Meet in Sept Rick and THE BC BIGFOOT...
Hi again Brandon the original Boler heater did not use any wiring ,there was a pilot light that you had to light and then hope that it stayed on ,the new ones are much better they are all electronic ignition 12v no pilot lights but sometimes do have a noisy fan 12v also, which the old Boler heater was great just had natural heat rising anyway good luck searching.
Rick/THE BC BIGFOOT...
Old 05-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #7

Trailer: 1976 Boler
Quote:

Hi Brandon, I have a propane furnace made by Wagon Master that I just removed from a 1976 Boler. With our warm nights here in Southern Ontario, we don't really need it and my wife wants the extra cabinet space.

I believe this furnace was not original as it appears someone added it at some time. I know that it works as I fired it up before I removed it. I am going to post it for sale on this site, but if you are interested, let me know.
Dave Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #8

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Hi Dave,

I don't want to cut in on Brandon, but if he doesn't want the furnace, I've had a "wanted" ad posted on this site for quite a while now, so I'm definitely interested.

Raya

PS: If anyone else reading has one they wouldn't mind parting with, I could stop asking about them
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:25 PM   #9

hi dave, i am very interested. how much would you want for it?

Tags
boler, furnace