1973 Cloud Door Problem - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2011, 08:16 AM   #1

Trailer: Cloud
Registry
1973 Cloud Door Problem

On our Cloud (1973), the door follows the contour of the exterior wall. Some how the door is misaligned and does not seal properly. Has anyone encountered this problem and if so, how did you remedy it?

Thank you for any input.
Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #2

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
Goodmorning,
My Cloud has the same problem due to the hinges which I believe are original equipment suffering from some major fatigue issues. My quick fix was to buy weather stripping and putting it all around the door opening. I layered it several times until the gap was filled in; I had to cut the stripping several times and layer it at different thicknesses depending on where on the door I was because the door doesn't hang exactly straight. Keep in mind this was a temporary fix to keep the bugs out and the heat in until I can install a new set of hinges, it isn't pretty but it got the job done. I bought a set of new hinges from Scamp that I am hoping work.
Hope this helps,
Tyler
EddyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #3

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
I forgot the mention I bought the weather stripping at Hardware Hank and I believe I ended up getting some 3/4" thick stuff and some 1/4" stuff, I was worried that it wouldn't hold but it has done surprising well staying in place.
EddyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #4

Trailer: Cloud
Registry
Thank you for your reply. What bothers me the most is hoe visible this is from the outside. I shall order a set of hinges from scamp and try them.
Willy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloud