1976 1300 Trillium made in Richmond Hill - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2018, 12:35 PM   #1

Name: Michelle
Trailer: Trillium
Prince Edward Island
1976 1300 Trillium made in Richmond Hill

Hey Trillium owners, I'm wondering if any of you are aware of Trillium campers being produced in Richmond Hill? From my understanding most were produced in Mississauga but my camper is stamped Richmond Hill in addition it has a slightly different taillight so the normal vintage Trillium lights would not fit the molding for the lights.
Thanks
Michelle Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:16 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Michelle welcome to the forum! Its great to have another Trillium owner here.

I wasn't aware of the Richmond Hill facility. Other Trillium owners are more knowledgeable on this subject, possibly David Tilston ...

EDIT: David Tilston will want more info from you so that he can add your Trillium to the Trillium database.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:34 PM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
John knows me so well.

Michelle, I think you meant that most of the Trilliums were manufactured in Markham Ontario.

I see that on your profile, your trailer is listed as 1979. I am fairly sure it is much earlier. Please take a look at the Trillium serial number list and see where yours fits:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post680419

Based on the fact that your front window does not open, and your side windows have two, vs. three panes, I would guess that your trailer was produced before 13-229.

Please feel free to post your serial number, or even better, a picture of the data sheet that may be on the inside of your closet door. Though in this vintage of Trilliums, it does not contain much information. Also, please post pictures, both inside and outside of your Trillium. You can post this either in the serial number thread, or any place, like a Registry for your trailer.

The Richmond Hill factory location adds another interesting wrinkle to the Trillium story. For those of you out there with an earlier Trillium, please take a look at the sticker by the door and let us know what it says.

I see that 13-66 Does say Richmond Hill.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:07 PM   #4

Name: George
Ontario
Registry
Hi, I am George in Toronto and resurrected a 1978 Trilli 4500 a couple of years ago. I found and bought a pre-Trillium 1300 from a neighbour in 1976, it had no gelcoat and was not finished at all inside. I painted it outside with yacht paint and bought the interior parts (cushions, stove, cooler, etc.) from the Trillium factory located then in Markham and had their marketing rep come by and look at my project. My door did not have the Trillium on it, and I may have some pix somewhere if anyone is interested? FYI, I live in SW Toronto now. My current Trilli came from the Markham Ont. factory and is ser #45-1121172 and has an issue # 356371.
jokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:29 AM   #5

Name: Michelle
Prince Edward Island
I would be very interested in see those pictures and I'm sure David Tilston would be too! Thanks for the post George.

Tags
trillium