1976 "Scamp" decal size advice please - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Oregon
Registry
Question 1976 "Scamp" decal size advice please

We have a 1976 Scamp 13' and I saw that Scamp sold the old-style decals, or so they said. These are the side-rear decals that read "Scamp" and then blend into the striping. The original decals are 35" long while the supposedly old-style ones that we received are 38" long, and they are considerably taller also. The proportions of the new ones on this small trailer just won't look right. I tried contacting Scamp but received no response.
Have you run into this problem and/or do you have any advice?
I could have the word painted on I suppose but if there's a simpler and less expensive solution I'd love to hear of it. Thank you in advance.
Mike L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:52 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
I asked Scamp a question on Sept. 1 and received a answer on Sept. 7

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L. View Post
We have a 1976 Scamp 13' and I saw that Scamp sold the old-style decals, or so they said. These are the side-rear decals that read "Scamp" and then blend into the striping. The original decals are 35" long while the supposedly old-style ones that we received are 38" long, and they are considerably taller also. The proportions of the new ones on this small trailer just won't look right. I tried contacting Scamp but received no response.
Have you run into this problem and/or do you have any advice?
I could have the word painted on I suppose but if there's a simpler and less expensive solution I'd love to hear of it. Thank you in advance.
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #3

Name: Brian
Trailer: Scamp
South Carolina
Registry
I know this is an old post but I have the same issue with mine.Scamp does not sell the original size for the 1976 13 footers.I painted my own.I think it turned out pretty good.I still need to do the other side though.I plan to repaint the camper eventually so I figured I would play around before I paint it.
Attached Thumbnails
new window pics 001.jpg  
Brian Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bran View Post
I know this is an old post but I have the same issue with mine.Scamp does not sell the original size for the 1976 13 footers.I painted my own.I think it turned out pretty good.I still need to do the other side though.I plan to repaint the camper eventually so I figured I would play around before I paint it.
I got some made at a local sign shop. They kept the specs and so the decals can be ordered from them. So, if you're interested contact Fast Signs at fastsigns.154.fastsigns.com 503.777.2300
Your painted one looks really good though!
Mike L. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp