1976 Scamp window help - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2010, 04:40 PM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Scamp
Registry
Hi there,
I'm a newbie and just bought a 1976 13' Scamp. The windows have been sealed shut and are missing various hardware and seals. My windows are the awning style with rounded corners & a single hinge point at the top - not the regular jalousie style. I've been told they are rare and the hardware is hard to find. I'm familiar with vintage trailer supply, but have no idea what parts I need. Any thoughts?
Jenny W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 1984 Perris Pacer ('Tillie')
Quote:
Hi there,
I'm a newbie and just bought a 1976 13' Scamp. The windows have been sealed shut and are missing various hardware and seals. My windows are the awning style with rounded corners & a single hinge point at the top - not the regular jalousie style. I've been told they are rare and the hardware is hard to find. I'm familiar with vintage trailer supply, but have no idea what parts I need. Any thoughts?

Jenny,
Hi from another Texan! I don't know what it is you need, but I'm sure the rest of the gang will jump in here soon.
First thing they are going to ask for is some pictures so we know what you are needing - OH - and some of us are just plain nosey!!!
Good luck with your search...let us know more

Vicki
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Hi Jenny,

Those are rare on the Scamp! Do you also have the nifty three-part-center-jalousie windows front and rear?

I don't know which exact hardware fits on those one-piece hinged side windows, and yes, we would love to see photos of it .

If it's any help in searching/researching, Love Bug trailers (another Boler clone) often had those same side windows (at least they looked/functioned the same).

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 77 Scamp
So not sure if this is "awning style" and of course no rounded corners....but if it is awning style...I could get a close up picture of the hardware if you need

Attached Images

Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
If you hit a deadend searching for parts, and there is no other realistic option, you can get replacement windows from Hehr and their distributors. If you choose to replace your windows, you have many options, 'cuz Hehr can build whatever you need. But if you have a window like this one, the model # is 4828.

Attached Thumbnails
4828.jpg  
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Check out this page, it's from our Helpful-Links. You may find the parts you seek, one of the windows says "Vertical Lift." The folks at Interstate have helped a couple of our members before, perhaps they can help you too with a phone call or two or three?

Interstate Metal Fabricators - Windows and Window Parts
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Hi Jenny,

Those are rare on the Scamp! Do you also have the nifty three-part-center-jalousie windows front and rear?

I don't know which exact hardware fits on those one-piece hinged side windows, and yes, we would love to see photos of it .

If it's any help in searching/researching, Love Bug trailers (another Boler clone) often had those same side windows (at least they looked/functioned the same).

Raya
Yes, it does have the three part center window for the front & rear. Even the door window is -or was- operable. I'm hoping I can fix them without replacing the windows altogether. I'll post pictures tomorrow.
I'm glad to now be a part of the club! I'm so excited to get started on fixing up my egg! It's my 'Eggstream.'

Jenny
Old 03-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #8

Registry
So here are some pictures of my little guy...
It seems they are the same windows used on Love Bugs.
Attached Thumbnails
Eggstream.jpg   Front_wdw.jpg  

Side_wdw.jpg   Inside_wdw.jpg  

Old 03-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #9

Trailer: 77 Scamp
heres a long shot ...any chance a window/glass repair company might be able to assist you?

Quote:
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #10

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
I have the same rear window on my 77 Scamp (well, on my bench at the moment). I think that the missing arms can be easily fabricated for it. I'll grab some pics of the parts when I get a chance.
ReilleyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:01 AM   #11

Registry
Quote:
I have the same rear window on my 77 Scamp (well, on my bench at the moment). I think that the missing arms can be easily fabricated for it. I'll grab some pics of the parts when I get a chance.

Thanks Reilley! I have no idea what they would look like.
Also, what kind of seals or weatherstripping would everyone recommend using on these type of windows?
Old 09-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #12

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Oregon
Registry
Was this one every solved or brought to conclusion? I have a '76 Scamp 13' and have the same windows as Jenny. I need a couple of jalousie window parts for one window and I need the props/arms for the 3-part front and rear windows, or I need to replace the front and rear with sliders. Any advice appreciated (as well as cash, checks or money orders).
Mike L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:37 PM   #13

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L. View Post
Was this one every solved or brought to conclusion? I have a '76 Scamp 13' and have the same windows as Jenny. I need a couple of jalousie window parts for one window and I need the props/arms for the 3-part front and rear windows, or I need to replace the front and rear with sliders. Any advice appreciated (as well as cash, checks or money orders).
They sell toolbox lid hinges at the hardware store which can easily be modified to replace the window arms on the 76. That is how we fixed our 1973 LoveBug windows.
I was in Lacrosse last weekend and found two more 1976 Scamps with these windows, there's always something more to learn.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #14

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L. View Post
I actually did fix them back in May. I posted a thread that was then moved to Modifications & Updates. I listed all of the parts and tricks I used - and posted pics. So just search my posts.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #15

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Here, I'll help. Find Jenny's excellent write up here: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ows-42049.html
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:04 AM   #16

Trailer: 1973 Love Bug
Good pictures but how do the windows secure from the inside?
Lee A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp