1976 Trillium Rocker Water Pump - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-24-2008, 08:52 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 9
Hi;
I have just bought a 13' Trillium with a manual rocker pump in it. I would like to stay with the original pump ,but the bottom plastic cylinder is scored inside and will not hold a prime.
Does anybody know where a person can buy parts for these pumps ?
I need the bottom plastic part and the rubber piston gasket.

Thank You for any help you can give me. Bill C
__________________

__________________
Bill C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Bill you didn't say what brand of water pump, but maybe the ShurFlo manual in the Document Center will help?
Toilets, Water Pumps, Water Filters
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 9
Quote:
Bill you didn't say what brand of water pump, but maybe the ShurFlo manual in the Document Center will help?
Toilets, Water Pumps, Water Filters
Hi Donna;

It is a Coleman. I e-maled them but havent received an reply.

Bill
__________________
Bill C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:00 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Doug Mager's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Posts: 2,536
Registry
.....IMHO:
....for all its worth, the time effort to dig it out, tear it apart and find replacement parts, you'd be better to scurry on down to your nearest well equipped r/v sales place and just buy a whole new pump. Its NOT about to let ya down as long as you own it. They aren't very spendy either.
__________________
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 9
Quote:
.....IMHO:
....for all its worth, the time effort to dig it out, tear it apart and find replacement parts, you'd be better to scurry on down to your nearest well equipped r/v sales place and just buy a whole new pump. Its NOT about to let ya down as long as you own it. They aren't very spendy either.
Hi Doug ;

Maybe your right. The only thing is access to a well equipped RV store. I am about 150 miles from any large center . Maybe I can find one on line.

Thanks Bill
__________________
Bill C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 94 Casita 16 ft
Posts: 198
Quote:
Hi Doug ;

Maybe your right. The only thing is access to a well equipped RV store. I am about 150 miles from any large center . Maybe I can find one on line.

Thanks Bill
Try finding a place online that will ship. There are many advantages to living up here (I'm in the Fort), but parts availability is limited.

edit: Crappy tire has a pump that looks like a windshield washer pump on steroids at a quasi reasonable price.
__________________
Paul from NWOnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
If it helps, I Googled Coleman RV Water Pump and it appears it's something used on pop up tent trailers....
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:27 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 9
Quote:
Try finding a place online that will ship. There are many advantages to living up here (I'm in the Fort), but parts availability is limited.

edit: Crappy tire has a pump that looks like a windshield washer pump on steroids at a quasi reasonable price.
Hi Paul;

The area is great but as you say the shopping is limited. I am about 20 miles west of Atikokan.

I was going to check out CT next time in town

Regards Bill
__________________
Bill C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 9
Quote:
If it helps, I Googled Coleman RV Water Pump and it appears it's something used on pop up tent trailers....
I will try that search again .I must have missed that.

Thanks Donna , Regards Bill C
__________________
Bill C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:50 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joe MacDonald's Avatar
 
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Posts: 754
Bill, call Nickel beltcamping and ask if he'll mail it to you.
__________________
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Charlie C's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
Posts: 203
What your looking for can likely be found on pages 378-379 of this catalogue There are the 2 most common water taps to the Trilliums of the mid '70's shown.

If you give any RV shop these numbers and tell them they are from the Coast Catalogue, they can ususally get it in reasonably short order. Most RV shops will make arrangements for Purlolator / Canpar / UPS / Postal Service etc.
__________________
Charlie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:27 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 9
Quote:
What your looking for can likely be found on pages 378-379 of this catalogue There are the 2 most common water taps to the Trilliums of the mid '70's shown.

If you give any RV shop these numbers and tell them they are from the Coast Catalogue, they can ususally get it in reasonably short order. Most RV shops will make arrangements for Purlolator / Canpar / UPS / Postal Service etc.
Thanks Charlie ;

My brother inlaw is going to the City and i going to pick one up for me.

Regards Bil C
__________________
Bill C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:48 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Posts: 295
Quote:
Thanks Charlie ;

My brother inlaw is going to the City and i going to pick one up for me.

Regards Bil C
Hey Bill,
I see you didn't need my photo, but I am glad you are set on that. When I bought my 1978 Trillium 4500 it had 2 "ACar" Rocket pumps like the one in the lower left hand corner of the page. these are the originals. You will be set. If there is anything else I can help you with let me know. I owned 3 Trillium at once last year.
Dave in Michigan
"The Trillium King"
__________________

__________________
Dave Baston is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
trillium


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Water Pump Diane H Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 10 07-19-2013 08:09 PM
old Coleman Hand Rocker Pump Peggy Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 1 08-28-2009 10:05 PM
No more hand rocker pump.... kentj Modifications, Alterations and Updates 7 07-18-2008 02:15 AM
Electric Water Pump Sharon in AZ Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 5 11-03-2006 09:57 PM
Noisy water pump Per Walthinsen Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures 15 06-12-2006 12:30 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.