1977 13' SCAMP New Owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #1

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
1977 13' SCAMP New Owner

Hi fellow Fiberglass RV owners. I just purchased a '77 13' Scamp and I'm anxious to get it all spiffed up and out on the road. It's actually in very good original condition. The cushions and carpet have been replaced, but other than that not much has been done to it--but everything is working and looks decent. I have a couple of questions I coundn't find answers to when I did a search here. First, where can I buy a users manual? It sure would help me to figure everything out. Also, where is the best place to buy replacement parts. I looked on the Scamp trailer website, but they just don't seem to have everything.
I do love this website for all the great information and support everyone offers.
Thanks so much!
Linda
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #2

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
Welcome! Sometimes it is better to email Scamp. I usually get answers back right away but there are plenty of people here to give you advice. I am more of a goof off person and not into techy things.

Cyndi B.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Linda, welcome to FiberglassRV!

We have a great Document Center with just about everything you need. Save any manual electronically... save a tree!

Most owners manuals are sadly lacking, you'll need appliance manuals, etc.

Check it out here: Fiberglass RV - Document Center

BTW: Scamp sells just about everything these simple trailers need. What is it you want, that you don't see? We MAY be able to point you to another resource.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #4

Name: Al
Trailer: 1982 13 foot Scamp
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi B. View Post
Welcome! Sometimes it is better to email Scamp. I usually get answers back right away but there are plenty of people here to give you advice. I am more of a goof off person and not into techy things.

Cyndi B.
I've never had much luck getting a reply from Scamp via e mail.I call them on the tele with my questions/requests.
ScampBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #5

California
Registry
Thank you all. I'll give them a call.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Linda congrats on your new Scamp.

Scamp has an owners manual on their website you can download but it will not include much info on the appliances you need to download the info on each of those from the documents center here that Donna pointed you to. I suspect here is about the only place you will find manuals for most of the older appliances found in your trailer. The owners manual that is here on this site is older than the one currently on the Scamp website and probable more relevant to your age trailer although not a great deal has changed.

As Donna indicated you can buy most items need directly from Scamp - they have an on line parts store you can look through but most of what they sell can be found at just about any RV store. Most of the parts used on these trailers are the same ones found on many/most other trailer makes. What item cant you find?
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft 1978
fire at scamp

I called scamp and unfortunately when they had a fire the 70's documents were lost.....
Jackie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie R
I called scamp and unfortunately when they had a fire the 70's documents were lost.....
What was your question?
Old 12-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #9

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
What was your question?
Actually, after I went through the info that the PO gave me, I realized there was a manual included. It was just so tiny I didn't realize it was a manual. It has practically nothing in it. When I take it out this spring, I'll likely have some questions, but for now I think I've figured out most of it. Can't wait for some good weather so I can take her on the maiden journey.

Tags
scamp