1977 Boler Door Handle Replacement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #1

Trailer: 1977 Boler 13 ft
1977 Boler Door Handle Replacement

Hey just wondering if anyone has any idea where i could find a new or used door handle for my 1977 boler. The handle is the rectangle shape. I'm looking not to have to do any cutting or fiberglass work if i can get one that is close to OEM. Any body have any leads where i could find one?

Thanks John
Johnathan Gallant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:45 AM   #2

Name: Slavomir
Trailer: 1978 Boler
Washington
Where do you live? Our '78 has that kind and we will be replacing it during our reno.
slavandheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
What are you going to replace it with in your Reno? Hope I am allowed to ask that here.
Thanks
Kobelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Johnathan, if you talking about the Bargman L-400 and Slav is offering one and you can get it, do so. These are NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE to find anymore. We used to occasionally see them popup on eBay for $$$. Now maybe one a year shows up. Last time I saw one it was for sale for $350 (not mint) and sold!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #5

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobelka View Post
What are you going to replace it with in your Reno? Hope I am allowed to ask that here.
Thanks
Hi Dave,

I'm replacing ours with a modern one that features a lock and deadbolt. Here is a pic...it will require fiberglass work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	57126
Old 04-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by slavandheather View Post
Hi Dave,

I'm replacing ours with a modern one that features a lock and deadbolt. Here is a pic...it will require fiberglass work.

Slav can you send me the link to your new latch. Also please take lots of pictures of your "surgery". Since I am ground zero it might be worth my while to update as the Casita is the old basic CH751 everyone in the world has a key for. Back in the old days of Motorola, the first lock they used was the CH751 and they were like flies. They finally went to a 2135 key which was double sided but that was in the 70s as I recall. So that lock tumbler has been around a long time.
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #7

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMike A View Post
Slav can you send me the link to your new latch. Also please take lots of pictures of your "surgery". Since I am ground zero it might be worth my while to update as the Casita is the old basic CH751 everyone in the world has a key for. Back in the old days of Motorola, the first lock they used was the CH751 and they were like flies. They finally went to a 2135 key which was double sided but that was in the 70s as I recall. So that lock tumbler has been around a long time.
Mike, I got it on eBay and it is still available here:

Chrome RV Entry Door Lock Handle Knob w Deadbolt camper Travel Trailer New FIC | eBay
Old 04-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #8

Texas
Quote:

Just bought it - Thanks Im sure that I can gerry rig a nice fixture for it to work with my door. Looks nice and the price was right. Hope your key isnt the same pin combo as mine.
If you Rest, You Rust
Old 04-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #9

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMike A View Post
Just bought it - Thanks Im sure that I can gerry rig a nice fixture for it to work with my door. Looks nice and the price was right. Hope your key isnt the same pin combo as mine.
I think you will be pleased. Seems real solid to me.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:18 AM   #10

I live in PEI Canada, if the price is right I may be interested. My next option was to do the day as you use the new style latch and do some fibreglass work to make it fit. The width of the door is pretty much the same to fix the new latch.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #11

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathan Gallant View Post
I live in PEI Canada, if the price is right I may be interested. My next option was to do the day as you use the new style latch and do some fibreglass work to make it fit. The width of the door is pretty much the same to fix the new latch.
Johnathan, if you have a number in mind, let me know. I don't have anything specific in mind, but hopefully we can make it worthwhile for each of us. And we would have to figure shipping - I'm in the Seattle area of WA. The lock works and I have one key for it. It is still in the door.

If you will be very interested then I can take a couple pics for you. You can shoot me a private message when we discuss details. Thanks.

Slav
Old 04-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #12

Slav I don't really have a price in mind I wouldn't mind seeing a few pics if possible. I also have some othe parts that I'm replacing that you may need mabye we could make a trade. I have all the old windows the are in decent shape just need to have the crank mecanism replaced. I also have the propane furnace and stove top that I've removed. Let me know if any of those items suit your Reno and I can post some pics.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #13

Washington
Quote:
Slav I don't really have a price in mind I wouldn't mind seeing a few pics if possible. I also have some othe parts that I'm replacing that you may need mabye we could make a trade. I have all the old windows the are in decent shape just need to have the crank mecanism replaced. I also have the propane furnace and stove top that I've removed. Let me know if any of those items suit your Reno and I can post some pics.
Johnathan, thanks for the offer but we are doing a full renovation and all things going in are new. I'll upload some pics in the next day or two and we can go from there if you are still interested.

Slav
Old 04-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #14

Sounds good ill wait on some pics, thanks again
Old 04-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #15

Don't worry about the pics I opted to go with a newer style handle as we'll. I must say, I used one of those multi crafter type saws and its, definitely the tool for the job.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #16

Texas
Just got mine yesterday and wow its heavy!!! I got the chrome one but then it comes in about 3 colors. Anyway I will wait for you lead and see how you do it. I am still doing some FG and running into issues that I am working through @#$@$@
If you Rest, You Rust
Old 04-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #17

Sure ill be the guniea pig got the hole cut just looking on how to fill the old hole. I've used fiberglass before but I want to fill the remainder of the old hole with some wood backing for strength. Also the strike that's mounted to the body needs to be built out. The new latch sits closer to the face of the door by quite a bit but a few metal shims should do the trick. Ill post some pick along the way for you to see.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #18

Washington
Quote:
Sure ill be the guniea pig got the hole cut just looking on how to fill the old hole. I've used fiberglass before but I want to fill the remainder of the old hole with some wood backing for strength. Also the strike that's mounted to the body needs to be built out. The new latch sits closer to the face of the door by quite a bit but a few metal shims should do the trick. Ill post some pick along the way for you to see.
Ok, thanks. I will still post it in case someone is interested.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #19

Texas
Please as there may be alternate solutions. I have a Casita door so I may or may not have an identical situation and would like to see everything.
If you Rest, You Rust
Old 04-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #20

Texas
Quote:
Hi Dave,

How about this one Slav. Just like yours..
RV Door Lock Trailer Door Lock Latch Handle Deadbolt Electric Entrance New | eBay
Attached Thumbnails
electronic lock.JPG  
If you Rest, You Rust

Tags
boler