Old 12-28-2006, 11:07 PM   #15
Trailer: 1970 Boler

kills everything.

I really like the ozonator idea though.

Kurt in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:08 PM   #16
Trailer: 87 Scamp
Southern New Jersey
Water causes mildew. ALL LEAKS no matter how small must be corected, they will not seal themselves. After a good heavy rain I always check around the roof hatch and inside all of the lower cabinets at floor level.

JOE DRISSEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:19 PM   #17
Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico

I would get rid of all the old fabric that I could and the old cushions, then use one or more of the other suggestions given. We had an old late 60's Holiday Rambler cab over pickup camper in the '80's that was very stinky, we got rid of the old bed. It helped a lot. It was never a sweet smelling home, but was better, and after cooking in it, it didn't smell to bad. Best of luck.
DesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
2015 Lance 1985 ~ Casita de Campo ~23' 4"
~Previously ~ 2005 16' Scamp
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:12 AM   #18
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
I have a 1978 scamp that i love but my wife will not go inside and I get made fun of a lot about the smell. I have tried air fresheners and they just run out and the smell comes back. I have scrubbed the walls and top but it doesn't ever work. I can rub a finger along the top and smell it and it is nasty. I think removing the ensolite would be to big of a chore. What are my other options. please help. Also, it doesn't help that my twin brother recenty bought a newer scamp in prefect condition and it smells good inside!
Hi: Remember that where you see a puddle of water and where it actually came through the "Egg" shell are usually two different places... In our '77 Boler we have a puddle that keeps forming in the forward stowage bin by the Fridg... I have traced it back to the vent window lower forward corner... I have to remove the windows and re apply the tape sealant and then re install the windows...In the spring During the winter( if we get some) I hope to replace the foam/upholstery...just not sure if I want to cut and paste or order covers from Scamp??? Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:53 PM   #19
Name: janel
Trailer: 77surfside TM 14 & 79 argosy

i love my trailer smell

dug a path through the knee high snow just to get a whiff. then had to have hot dogs for supper that evening.

a well sealed trailer will always have its own smell. become one with it. as long as it is not mold or mildew, which can be a health concern.

the sense of smell is most closely related to memory. just like grandmas house.

janel.p is offline   Reply With Quote