I did something similar to what Ed did. I injected fibreglass resin, with a baby medication syringe and I stuffed in some fibreglass fibers as well. I trimmed the fibers that stuck out. I used packing tape to make it smooth.
When it hardened, I taped the door where I thought it looked right, making sure the latch was engaged. Then I drilled new holes, and then filled them with resin and fibreglass just before I put new, stainless steel screws in.
Once that hardened, I took out the screws in the door, one by one. I filled the holes in the door with resin, using the syringe again, and fibreglass and put in new stainless screws. The holes in the door were still in pretty good shape, so that was all I did.