1978 Trillium Owner with Some Questions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium
Trillium forumers:

I am a 1978 Trillium 4500 owner hoping to re-unite with my trailer after 3 years in storage - California. I am in Texas and my buddy is pulling her over to Arizona in the next week. Then I plan to converge on AZ in October.

I have been chomping on the bit to start some upgrades and all so this string and others are very much appreciated. I don't even know what is needed on the trailer - she is in good shape but want to personalize her. (I bought on ebay 3 years ago, drove out to get it and vehicle could not manage - van).

I have this idea that I can build some form of collapsible single bunk bed to rest on heavy duty detachable legs over the commode and bathroom sink area -opposite end of the dinette (bathroom is the feature of this 4500 model). Love the bathroom. It will enable me to take my mom on the road (86), but kinda want to accomodate another small sleeper if possible - in a separate bed. Or a dog! Or two!

Wondering if anybody has created one of these bunk beds and/or installed one in this area. The bed part would have to fold and reside in my Suburban while bathroom is in use but would install over the facilities at bedtime.

Just wondering...and sharing a maybe crazy idea.

Thanks!
sadie10023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
You might consider making a canvas or Phifertex bunk that could be stretched across to sleep on, but then roll up for storage.

Boats often have "pipe berths" that can be like this; and I think the U-haul VT (16') had them also.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:16 PM   #3

Quote:
You might consider making a canvas or Phifertex bunk that could be stretched across to sleep on, but then roll up for storage.

Boats often have "pipe berths" that can be like this; and I think the U-haul VT (16') had them also.

Raya
Thanks Raya

That is a great idea- had kinda thought the same but did not know about pipe berths or Phifertex. Actually do not know why I could not add an original Trillium bunk over the dinette/bed which is in the rear. Learning here that Trillium manufacturing is alive and offering parts - maybe can get a bunk.

Sadie10023
Old 09-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Thanks Raya

That is a great idea- had kinda thought the same but did not know about pipe berths or Phifertex. Actually do not know why I could not add an original Trillium bunk over the dinette/bed which is in the rear. Learning here that Trillium manufacturing is alive and offering parts - maybe can get a bunk.

Sadie10023

Hey now! Problem solved via Phifertex search. Hit on a sailor that is using these on a boat - a medical strether that folds up.
http://www.lifemedicalsupplier.com/easyfol...4603-p-202.html

May do this.

Sadie10023
Old 09-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #5

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Hi Sadie,

I kind of doubt that anyone sells the rear-bunk brackets for the Trillium anymore. They seem to have been a pretty rare option. I'll post photos that kind of show it (sorry, they're not the best); essentially it consisted of some metal "arms" that fastened around the side-window frames, and raised or lowered the bunk. I think the fully extended bunk was something like 42" wide. That bunk arrangement precluded having the upper perimeter shelves.

When the bunk was lowered, it was about halfway down the windows, height-wise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	trill_4500_bunk_open.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	23424

Name:	trill_4500_bunk_open_no_cushions.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	23423

Name:	trill_4500_bunk_up.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	23425

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:41 AM   #6

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Raya love the shots, moving bunk is a great idea.
Borden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium