1980 Bigfoot- looking for more details - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2015, 10:35 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium
1980 Bigfoot- looking for more details

Hello! We are a family of 4- 2 kids age 7 and almost 4. We had a 13ft Trillium when the youngest was a baby, and after a very disastrous camping trip we sold our beloved Trillium in the search for something slightly bigger, with a bathroom

We have been on the quest for a vintage airstream, but recently saw a 1980 Bigfoot on a local for-sale site. It is a little over 3 hours away, but close enough. It is 17ft long, I think.

Just looking for a bit of feedback in terms of the space in this trailer. I know the dinette would fold down- but wondering how the 2 kiddos would fit/sleep? It has a top bunk which looks squishy but possible. Wondering how big of a kid could fit up there thinking long term? Does the couch fold out at all, or is it just what it is.

Thanks for any family-friendly advice you can pass along!

~ Kim
Kimberly E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 05:41 PM   #2

Name: Mike and Linda
Trailer: 1980 BIGFOOT 17'
Ontario
Registry
1980 Bigfoot 17'

Hi Kimberley,

We have just recently purchased a 1980 Bigfoot B17SM Deluxe model and were also previous owners of a Trillium 1300. The couch of the Bigfoot does fold out into a bed that is 47 inches wide (which is pretty much the same size as the dinette/bed area of the Trillium, as you know).

We too had camped with a couple of younger ones (grandchildren, aged 3 and 5) in our Trillium and are well aware of the challenges that this presents. Hopefully, the Bigfoot will be far better spacewise and having an onboard bathroom will be a bonus also. Our first week-long camping trip with the Bigfoot and the grandkids is scheduled to begin next Saturday...I will keep you posted of our experience if you think this might be helpful.
woodm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #3

Thanks! I didn't realize that the couch folded out to be wider. Yes that would be great, would love to know how the bunk and beds work out for traveling with 2 kids! We phoned for more information today and he Bigfoot seems to be in good shape, but we will have to make the drive to make sure before we decide.

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 07-12-2015, 08:32 PM   #4

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Hi Kimberly. We have a 1987 Bigfoot 17 and I'm pretty sure it's not too different from the 1980 model you're considering. In our model the dinette bed is 43" X 79" and the gaucho bed is 44" X 75" when extended. The bunk bed above the gaucho is 35" X72". I believe the bunk bed has a weight limit of about 100 lbs. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:24 PM   #5

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
I'd say you would find there is more than enough room to accommodate sleeping the four of you for at least the next five years.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:26 AM   #6

Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

Tags
bigfoot