1990 Casita door catch - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #1

Name: michael
Trailer: 1990 Spirit Deluxe
Ohio
1990 Casita door catch

I need a new door catch (the part that holds the door open by attaching to body of trailer) for the above. I would like to replace it with the stock Bargman part (at least what came on mine) to looks to be a Bargman 2 inch catch and latch. Sportmans guide is out of stock and looks to get no more. I can't find it anywhere else. Can anyone direct me or provide me with a good alternative? I really do not want to put more holes in the Casita if I can help it. Since my does not work does anyone know if they work anyway? I may need to do something else. Thanks
adogbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
If I understand your part description correctly the following might work for you,
Amazon.com: RV Designer Collection E224 4 Inch Stainless Steel "T" Self Closing Entry Door Holder: Automotive

I just replaced the door latch on my 1999 Casita 17' SD. The holes matched up and this unit is stainless steel. Good luck.

BillC
Old 06-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #3

Ohio
Yours does not match mine. I don't have a pic of mine but will try and get and post one. Mine has a two hole catch on hinge side of door with a two hole catch on belly band that looks similar to a latch for a side exterior compartment on newer rv/trailers. I know I am not doing a good job of describing this. Here is a link to what it looks like Bargman Company 2 Inch Catch & Lat - 754772, Replacement Hardware at Sportsman's Guide
The problem for me is the current holes in the door line up with the belly band. If I move the latch I will have to fill holes which is a scary thought for my skill level. Mine is a little bent up but also is very rusted up, doesn't hold in a wind and looking old and needs replaced. I appreciate your response and help, thank you. Any other ideas from you or other is appreciated.
Mike
Old 06-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Sorry, I don't have anything like your part on my 1999 Casita that I can find. Hope you find the part you are looking far. As far as filling small holes we all have to do that at times. I us 3M 5200. I am sure other products work just as well.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #5

Ohio
Thx, fillin holes appeared a little itimidating, u make it less.

Tags
casita