2013 Parkliner PowerVent Roof Leak - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2019, 07:00 AM   #21

Name: Dusty
Trailer: Currently Shopping
North Carolina
Hello All
John thank you for the information on Aaron McGee. We are in Swannanoa near Asheville and if the problem continues, we could easily stop by to meet Aaron. I have caulked all windows and the band around the Parkliner very carefully. It has been raining here pretty heavily. I checked this morning and all seemed dry....fingers crossed!
WE love the park liner and see it is really a quality trailer. Love the well thought out design and compactness.
We are heading up to Canada for 3 weeks, so will give it our first major trip.
Thanks for all your responses.
Dusty
DustyMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 04:27 PM   #22

North Carolina
Leak behind wall covering

AmcGee
I am new to Fiberglass RV and trying to figure out how to use the forum. Your name was mentioned in a post and I would like to contact you about our leakage. We have a late 2012, 15' Parkliner that we bought in Oct. 2018. We love it. With recent rains, we have leaks from the windows. All 4 main windows. It seems to run down the back of the wall covering, as we find all wall covering wet where it meets the floor. We have cleaned weep holes, recaulked the outside of each window and it is still wet inside. It seems somehow the water is getting beyond the sloped channel where the weep holes are. We have noticed water getting in through the gasket that the window sets into. It seems that should drain through the weep holes. Just can't figure out how it is getting below that and down the bubble wrap material to the floor. The wall covering is not wet.
We are near Asheville NC. in Swannanoa NC.
Any thoughts would be helpful.
Thank you,
Dusty
Old 04-22-2019, 05:22 PM   #23

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
When I had a large 5th wheel I had sags in the roof that left standing puddles around the bathroom vent and it was leaking.
I cleaned as much as the gunk off and let it all dry then I applied Dicore seam patch and even 3 years later, with standing water around vent it never leaked again.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:09 PM   #24

North Carolina
John
Thanks for the mention of Aaron McGhee. Still trying how to communicate with the Forum. I have tried sending him a message, but not sure it will get to him.
I'll wait and see.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:14 PM   #25

North Carolina
Thanks Gerry
We are pretty convinced we have isolated the leak to the windows. The integrity of the vent and fan seems solid. I will check the bathroom vent tough. Water has a way moving in strange ways.
Thanks again,
Dusty

Tags
parkliner