2013 Parkliner PowerVent Roof Leak - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-14-2019, 02:34 PM   #15
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014 V6 Jeep Cherokee
Minnesota
Dusty,
If the band you are referring to is the band that joins the upper and lower shells together then I would be surprised if that were the source of the leaking. To my knowledge these halves overlap four inches and the band is more decorative than functional.
Check the weep holes in the window frame for debris stopping the flow of water to the outside.
Sid

Old 04-15-2019, 12:09 PM   #16

Name: Dusty
Trailer: Currently Shopping
North Carolina
leak behind wall covering

Sid
Thank you for the response. I have taken your suggestion and cleaned all the windows. None were plugged up or even that dirty. What is really puzzling is that the leak occurs on both sides of the trailer below the windows. I have checked the roof for cracks and there are none. The windows are tight, and clean. I am wondering if condensation could generate as much water as is there. It drips along the edge of the bubble wrap material. It is quite a mystery.
Thanks

DustyMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:07 PM   #17
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014 V6 Jeep Cherokee
Minnesota
Dusty,
We bought new and have had it in some pretty severe downpours. No issues.
I am curious about the metal belly band as I was not aware that was ever offered. Is it possible the previous owner did some special modifications or repairs? Perhaps other owners could weigh in as my knowledge of the Parkliner does not extend past 2014.
Sid
Old 04-17-2019, 06:03 AM   #18

North Carolina
Leak behind wall covering

Sid
Thanks for your response. I will check with the previous owner. Upon close examination of the two windows my wife has spotted a split in the window caulking on the side corner of each of the two windows over the bench. It could be as the water runs down the side of the window and could wick into the wall covering. It seems to get trapped in the bubble wrap material between the foil.
I don't know too much about the band, but will recaulk the entire band and the windows. Hopefully that will help. I'll let you know.
I'm new to the forum and not sure if I am getting to a wider audience. I sure appreciate your response.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:11 PM   #19

North Carolina
Sid
I think I unsubscribed to this thread, thinking I was logging onto it. I did get a chance to read your response. I doubt that the belly band was a modification by the previous owner. He brought it virtually brand new.
What I have done is to recaulk all windows and the band. We have rain coming tomorrow, so I'll have a chance to see it that takes care of the problem.
I am hoping that by responding here, it puts me back in the thread. I'm a bit confused how this all works.
Thanks
Old 04-18-2019, 02:29 PM   #20

Name: John
Trailer: Parkliner
Virginia
Aaron McGhee worked on Parkliners at the factory from day 1 until the end. He works at Colfax Camping World in NC. He has posted in this forum that he is available for consultation if us Parkliner owners need him. I would suggest writing him.

His post: "So as the o.p. stated the Liberty outdoors NC plant that produces the Parkliner has been close. There were a couple of remaining orders that were filled but the plant is closed. It may be true that the Parkliner will be produced in the future but at the moment all tooling and machines are in storage. So, if there are any Parkliner owner that need work done to there campers let me know. Also, I am able to answer questions, I may no longer work for Liberty Outdoors, but I have always stood behind the Parkliner, from the beginning to the end twice. Yes, I started building Parkliners with Chandler in the original location, and finished up in Liberty NC about 2 months ago. I am now working at Camping World of Colfax but I can be reached by PM. I am here to do what I can for Parkliner owners. Most likely if you bought a Parkliner and picked it up from the factory in Gibsonville, Burlington,or Liberty you may have talked to me person."

His userid in this forum is AmcGee. He's a good guy.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:00 AM   #21

North Carolina
Hello All
John thank you for the information on Aaron McGee. We are in Swannanoa near Asheville and if the problem continues, we could easily stop by to meet Aaron. I have caulked all windows and the band around the Parkliner very carefully. It has been raining here pretty heavily. I checked this morning and all seemed dry....fingers crossed!
WE love the park liner and see it is really a quality trailer. Love the well thought out design and compactness.
We are heading up to Canada for 3 weeks, so will give it our first major trip.
Thanks for all your responses.
Dusty
Old 04-22-2019, 04:27 PM   #22

North Carolina
Leak behind wall covering

AmcGee
I am new to Fiberglass RV and trying to figure out how to use the forum. Your name was mentioned in a post and I would like to contact you about our leakage. We have a late 2012, 15' Parkliner that we bought in Oct. 2018. We love it. With recent rains, we have leaks from the windows. All 4 main windows. It seems to run down the back of the wall covering, as we find all wall covering wet where it meets the floor. We have cleaned weep holes, recaulked the outside of each window and it is still wet inside. It seems somehow the water is getting beyond the sloped channel where the weep holes are. We have noticed water getting in through the gasket that the window sets into. It seems that should drain through the weep holes. Just can't figure out how it is getting below that and down the bubble wrap material to the floor. The wall covering is not wet.
We are near Asheville NC. in Swannanoa NC.
Any thoughts would be helpful.
Thank you,
Dusty
Old 04-22-2019, 05:22 PM   #23

Name: Gerry
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1300 / 1991 Casita Freedom Deluxe
Maine
When I had a large 5th wheel I had sags in the roof that left standing puddles around the bathroom vent and it was leaking.
I cleaned as much as the gunk off and let it all dry then I applied Dicore seam patch and even 3 years later, with standing water around vent it never leaked again.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:09 PM   #24

North Carolina
John
Thanks for the mention of Aaron McGhee. Still trying how to communicate with the Forum. I have tried sending him a message, but not sure it will get to him.
I'll wait and see.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:14 PM   #25

North Carolina
Thanks Gerry
We are pretty convinced we have isolated the leak to the windows. The integrity of the vent and fan seems solid. I will check the bathroom vent tough. Water has a way moving in strange ways.
Thanks again,
Dusty

Tags
parkliner