3 Way Fridge Temp - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2016, 08:08 PM   #41

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Well if anyone has suggestions on where to get a cooling unit rebuilt, I'd love to know! I haven't installed a fan yet, but I did install a baffle behind the fridge. Today the inside temperature of the fridge is 75 degrees...

ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:08 AM   #42

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Well I went back to the first page and re-read some of the early responses. Something in Carol's post caught my eye...Temperature probe.

Temperature probe? There's a temperature probe? So I went looking. There is a metal wire like a coat hanger, going across the back of the fridge. Mine was jammed all the way up behind the freezer. No idea if this is a probe or not, but I pulled it down into the fridge area.

The weather won't cooperate and stay exactly the same day to day so it's hard to say. It's cooled down to highs in the 70s and lows in the 40s. But I can say that for the last week I cannot keep the fridge from freezing all my food. Even with the temp adjuster down to almost "off".

I bent and tucked some of the wire back up behind the freezer, with most of it still down in the fridge part. This morning it was creeping back up towards 40 degrees in there, but that was with the temp control down to the last couple notches before off.

So we may be on to something here...

The other unknown thrown into the equation is that this all also happened after I plugged it in and ran on AC for a couple days. I did this and the wire adjustment at the same time. But after switching to gas, it continued freezing my food, even at the lowest setting.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:01 PM   #43

Name: Rollie
Trailer: Currently shopping
Arizona
propane refrigerator cooling problems

If you are not getting your refrigerator to cool correctly try a trick that was shown to me a number of years ago by an RV refrigerator repair guy. I have used the trick on a number of friges and more than 80 percent of the friges come back to life. As it was explained to me over time the little passages in the fridge gets clogged up. The repair guy told me to take the unit out of the RV, and stand it upside down on a flat surface for two hours, Then lay it on the right side for another two hours, Then on the left side.. Then stand it up and let it sit for at least four hours.. Then put the AC voltage to it and see if it cools. It has worked for me. The RV repair guy even had a fixture that he would do this with. I understand that turning it let the blockage move away from the places it is holding up the cooling material. The system sounds kind of crazy but it works as I have talked to some other RV repair guys and they say for a cheap check if you need a new unit or not..
Arizona3313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge