3-Way Refrigerator - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2009, 08:13 AM   #1

Trailer: Cadet
In my Cadet I have a Polar Absorption Refigerator Model Ta 71ka AC/DC/Propane
It works good with AC power never tried it with the DC not worried about that one too much BUT I need help with getting the Propane to fire up DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON GETTING THE PROPANE TO WORK I push that start button but never see any flame in the window
JIM
JIM DUNNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 1978 Boler 1700
Quote:
In my Cadet I have a Polar Absorption Refigerator Model Ta 71ka AC/DC/Propane
It works good with AC power never tried it with the DC not worried about that one too much BUT I need help with getting the Propane to fire up DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON GETTING THE PROPANE TO WORK I push that start button but never see any flame in the window
JIM
Jim, I usually turn on the propane and then light the stove burners to make sure the propane is working and gets any air out of the line. Open the cover on the back of the fridge, make sure the valve is turned to gas to allow the gas to flow and then there will be a small (usually red) button to depress that will allow the gas to go into the burner and then try lighting it with a striker thru the small opening. After a few seconds or so, you should be able to let the red button go and the flame will stay going. If it doesn't light with the striker, you are not getting gas into the burner. Sometimes a good practice to remove the lines (with propane turned off) and blow the lines out. Spider webs will plug up these lines. Your striker on the inside of the fridge may not be working but if you can at least light it from the outside, you will eliminate that part of the puzzle.

Good luck
Don N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:30 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
mine lights but will NOT STAY LIT Once I remove my hand from the knob even if I hold the knob down for over 30 seconds the light goes out once I let go of the knob. What am I doing wrong??

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:37 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
I was having the same problem, then I started lighting the stove for about 30 seconds (after turning the gas on at the tank). Then I go out and light the fridge using the normal technique. This seems to get the air out of the lines and makes sure they're filled with gas. These little refrigerators can be cantankerous at times, but I've had a lot more success since.
Fred Bell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator