3rd Brake Light Help - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-22-2010, 08:09 PM   #15
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Changing the Scamps tailights over to LEDS so they will give me better visibility. Also plan on installing a 3rd brake light but do not know how to wire in the 3rd light.
The plug in for the trailer is a 7 blade.
The center pin is not used but the others are-
BLACK - battery charging
BROWN- right turn/stop
BLUE- electic brakes
RED- left turn/stop
GREEN-tail/ run lights

So if I wire the 3rd brake light to the left turn/stop it will flash when I have the turn signal on?
Any ideas would be helpful.
ps. there was a red wire and extra bulb in the old tailights that was not used for backup lights (Never installed to work)
Maybe you might consider an extra pair of lights, one on either side of the window up high. this allows tailgating or city traffic trucks to see brake tail and turn signal lighting.

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #16
Name: Terry
Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
Frederick, I'm still wondering if your regular trailer brake/turn lights act as you describe or if it's only the two higher lights you added. If your regular trailer lights stay steady when you're braking and turning at the same time, then your TV is wired wrong. If this doesn't help, I'm sending you a PM with my phone number. Feel free to call me and I'll do what I can to help.

Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #17
Name: Mike & Sara
Trailer: 86 17' Bigfoot
If you have a blue wire for trailer brakes? just wire the third brake light to it.
When you step on the brakes it puts 12v to brakes. Run one side of light to blue and other to ground.

mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote

lighting, tail lights