7-pin wiring question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #1

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
Hi. Got the Wrangler all fixed up today with a new hitch and a 'standard' 7-pin wiring harness. The idea is to be able to charge/run the 12V system in transit. But now, in typical newbie fashion, I have a what if question.

The Play Pac doesn't have a battery, or much in the way of internal wiring right now. It does have a 7-pin connection with fully functional trailer lights, etc. So, where does the charging juice go if there's nothing to charge? When I pick up the trailer next week, what do I need to check?

I'm sure Vic has this answer, but I'm awake now and thinking about it.

Thanks

Bonnie
Old 07-27-2007, 10:10 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
The Play Pac doesn't have a battery, or much in the way of internal wiring right now. It does have a 7-pin connection with fully functional trailer lights, etc. So, [b]where does the charging juice go if there's nothing to charge?
If there is not a complete circuit, then it is just a potential voltage, and it does not "go" anywhere. Just make sure the battery's wires are not shorted out to anything...
Old 07-28-2007, 07:02 AM   #3

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
That's what I expected. I'll pay close attention to what wiring there is. Would hate to cook something by accident. Thanks.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:51 AM   #4

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1979
Just thought I would mention I just wired my 93 Wrangler the other day and had to wire from the back hitch to the firewall for brakes and things. I was going to run the wires under the Jeep along the frame rail. Then I discovered that inside the back of the wrangler there was a wire running through a hole in the body on the far back drivers side through a gromet. this looks like the back light wiring. I put my wire in a split sleave and cut the hole in this gromet bigger. Ran down to the hitch area. On the inside I ran the wires along with other wires that run under the lip that my hard top sits on. Then down the roll bar behind the drivers seat then under the lip where you step into the Jeep and right to the fuse box area and the fire wall.
Dave
Dave Mac is offline   Reply With Quote