73 1300 Trillium Hanging Hooks - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #1

Name: Pam
Trailer: 72 Trillium
Alberta
73 1300 Trillium Hanging Hooks

I am trying to find a way to hang 2 hooks on either side of my door so that I can hang a rod across for a screen. Problem is, I cannot find anything that will stay stuck to it. I don't want to uses something that can damage the interior.

I've tried the 3m stick and release as well as duck tape and another strong tape. Suggestions would be great
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2853.jpg   IMG_2855.jpg  

pdozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #2

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1980Trillium 1300
Ontario
...My suggestion is....slash a short line of interior, slide in a piece of wood, glue it to fiberglass shell(resin it), the close the gap with resin/glue. After all, using proper length of screw, you could install all kinds of fancy hooks you want. That is what I did to my Trillium...
Thinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
The picture stops short of the front of the trailer, but can you use a tension rod between the cabinet and something at the front? OR, once you figure out how to use a hook for one side, use one of these mounted to the cabinet, they make these in plastic as well as wood:
Attached Thumbnails
DowelRodHolder.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #4

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Hi
Try this:
Outside above the door you should have an aluminum drip stop held on to the trailer with several pop rivets. Drill out one rivet from each end, and drill all the way through to the interior. fill the holes with clear silicone, and then insert 1" long stainless steel screws. Put nuts on the screws and tighten...the screws should stick out of the nuts...if not you might need 1 1/2" long screws. Now get some streachy spring curtain rod, cut to length, screw in an eye hook into each end, install curtain, put eye hooks one the screws and hold in place with self locking nut (the ones with nylon inserts)
Francis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #5

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Welcome to FGRV Pam,
This is more than you asked for, but the 1300 is very well suited to what many call the screen door mod. Oft cited is Gord100's description and plans that seemed to disappear from the web for a while. The good news is, I just found out where his website has moved to:
Gord100's Trillium Trailer Webpage

Here is another nice example:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ium-46086.html
Some people choose to install a folding screen door like on the Scamp rather than deal with the single large door.

If you don't want a door - the frame works better for your original plan since the body curves out from where the screen will hang and you will end up with big gaps.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium