73 trillium fridge - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2009, 06:59 AM   #1

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Trillium
have a 73 trillium and was told i have to make sure the fridge is level before i operate it, but wasn`t told which way to level it, is it just front to back or do i have to level it both ways ?
thanks , Garry .
Garry Vanderzwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:25 AM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Found this in one of the manuals here...

Quote:
When the trailer is stationary for a period, it must be level so that the refrigerator can operate properly. When the trailer is being parked, therefore, the level should be checked, preferably by means of a small bubble level placed on the ice-tray shelf, and the position of the bubble observed. If necessary, the level of the trailer should then be adjusted so that the ice-tray shelf is [b]level from side to side, and from front to back.

When the trailer is on tow, the continuous rolling and pitching movement will not normally affect the operation of the refrigerator, but when the trailer is parked for more than a short period, the sensitivity of the refrigerator should be remembered.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:58 AM   #3

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
I've always tried to level our trailer using a bubble level in the freezer compartment floor, keeping as close to that 'inner circle' as I could. Seems to work well. thus far....
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Found this in one of the manuals here...
thx for the help, i`ll try that then . garry .
Old 05-27-2009, 11:52 AM   #5

Quote:
I've always tried to level our trailer using a bubble level in the freezer compartment floor, keeping as close to that 'inner circle' as I could. Seems to work well. thus far....

thx , i`ll try that then . Garry .
Old 05-27-2009, 12:49 PM   #6

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft

In fact, what I ended up doing is levelling the fridge once, then adding extra stick-on levels outside the trailer to match the fridge level (instead of the trailer) so I wouldn't have to go look inside the freezer compartment when I set up the trailer. Keeping the fridge door closed as much as possible also helps maintain the inside temperature, especially with an older unit that doesn't recuperate as quickly as it should.

Tags
fridge, trillium