77 boler questions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2010, 11:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 1977 Boler
Looking for help on several questions. Just bought a 77 13 foot Boler that needs a little help.
1. Missing the roof vent cover. Anyone know what the original make was and where to get a replacemnet?
2. I have a canvas awning with out poles and the add a room snaps on the trailer, any idea where to get either?
3. Need to rebuild the Bargman 400L lock as it is worn, any parts sources out there?
Planning on attending the meet in Mission on the 28/29 May if its ready.
Thanks roger
RogerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:17 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler 1984
I replaced the original 12X12 roof vent with a 14X14 vent with a lexan cover from an RV dealer. Awning [tent] poles can be purchased in the sports dept. at Canadian Tire. Lock parts do come up periodically.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
A '77 might have come with a 14" vent. If so, I think that you can identify the lids by looking at the hinge style - I've seen websites that sell the replacement lids that show the various hinge styles so that you can choose the right one.

If you have a 9" Hehr (metal) or Elixir (plastic) vent, then your choices are limited: Hehr no longer makes that vent, and the Elixir vents are not very high quality. In that case you may want to do as mentioned and go to a 14" vent.

If your '77 does have a 14" vent, I still wouldn't think you could be sure of brand by comparing with other Bolers. I say that because I have a feeling that different plants (or even the same ones) probably used different parts at different times. And/or it may have been replaced. So I would look at what you have and go from there.

Raya

PS: I keep seeing the thread title and then thinking "What about the other 74 questions?"
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #4

Quote:
PS: I keep seeing the thread title and then thinking "What about the other 74 questions?"
Yes it was sort of misleading and I probably will have 74 more after finishing this one!
Turns out the door lock is not a Bargman and is a Lyster which looks like it may be harder to find parts for.
The vent is a 14 inch version and was hoping to find out the manufacturer so all I have to do is replace the cover.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #5

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Quote:
The vent is a 14 inch version and was hoping to find out the manufacturer so all I have to do is replace the cover.
Hi Roger,

With a 14" vent you are likely to find just the cover. You can look on the website of RV places that sell vents, and some of them have photos to show the different cover attachment styles - you can identify them that way.

Even if someone told me they had a '77 Boler with "x" brand vent, I still wouldn't trust that to be the same as any other one, without looking at your exact vent.

Raya

Edited to add: Here is an example of a page that shows some different styles:

http://rvadenver.com/camco_roof_vents,_fan...ans_for_rv,.htm
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #6

Trailer: 1978 Boler 13 ft
We have a "78 replace the vent cover (not sure the size) with one from Canadian Tire --they had old & new styles--given in years-- the old worked --for us good luck!
Ann B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #7

Quote:
We have a "78 replace the vent cover (not sure the size) with one from Canadian Tire --they had old & new styles--given in years-- the old worked --for us good luck!
Thanks Ann and will check it out.
Roger
Old 04-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #8

Found a replacement vent cover at CDN tire so thats 1 problem down. Also had a light off on the furnace today but seems that the thermostat control has no efect on the flame, so may need a good cleaning. Working on the door latch assy and with a few modifications will be up and running shortly.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #9

Trailer: 1978 Boler 13 ft
Quote:
Found a replacement vent cover at CDN tire so thats 1 problem down. Also had a light off on the furnace today but seems that the thermostat control has no efect on the flame, so may need a good cleaning. Working on the door latch assy and with a few modifications will be up and running shortly.
Glad that worked for you!!!
as for tent poles I put an add in the local freecycle -got a few --also crusied the streets on heavy pick up days!
snaps.... I would try a boat top making place

please let me know what you do for your door lock -ours needs to be replaced -not sure what we will do about it yet

Ann B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:10 PM   #10

Trailer: Boler
I have a 76 boler that i bought that needed attention also. I went through the furnace (suburban) and my thermostat control has no effect on the flame either, but i've been told it acts as a thermostat. My flame was yellow and weak, cleaned the burner well and now it cranks out a blue jet flame. Let me know if you find your furnace thermostat has an affect on the flame intensity. My suburban has the screw cap on the front to light it.

Mike

Quote:
Michael Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:24 PM   #11

Trailer: 1973 Boler 1300 (Glass-Fab
Registry
Quote:
The thermostat "bulb" outside the furnace is integral with the gas valve. If it is not working, the furnace will not light. The bulb was attached below my furnace near the floor....and the thermostat function was rendered useless because the floor never really warms up. I discovered it to be fine by using a hair dryer to warm the bulb. The flame shut off immediately. I relocated the bulb up the side of the furnace face frame while being very careful not to mistreat the very slender copper control tube going to the valve. The thermostat worked fine. Other problems with the gas system include a buildup of oil in the lines, and the eventual malfunction of ancient gas regulators just downstream of your bottle....both problems will lead to furnace malfunction.
Mike Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler