79 elmac trailer - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-19-2008, 08:29 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Trailer: El Macho
Posts: 5
I bought this trailer and it looks identical to a boler trailer inside and out except for the tail lights, has anybody seen or heard of elmac trailers? what little info that I found was that the scamp,boler and elmac were made from the same people, I am trying to figure out if it is a vintage trailer or very few made.
Attached Thumbnails
elmac_.jpg  
__________________

__________________
gregs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:14 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Roy in TO's Avatar
 
Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Posts: 4,954
The elmac is new to me ...

I see one sticker on the curbside. Are there other stickers, plates or ? Can you post pictures of them?

It looks to have come from the same or similar molds, but some of the things look like post production mods. For example the frame, vent at the front bench seat and drip rail over the rear window are different than most.

There is a thread on the boler history started a while back, you might get some info there, or I'd really appreciate seeing anything you can add. Here is the link:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=21173

On second thought, any chance your elmac might be an el macho?
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=29016
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...st&id=16252

tom w a member here has had one for about a decade now.
__________________

__________________
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:33 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Raya's Avatar
 
Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Posts: 3,014
Quote:
On second thought, any chance your elmac might be an el macho?
I bet you've hit it, Roy I've seen lots of times where the DMV has abbreviated a brand name on the title (assuming that's where gregs is getting the "elmac" from).

So, eliminate the space, cut off the last two letters, and you have "elmac."

R.
__________________
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Mike Watters's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Amerigo & Trailmanor (popupish)
Indiana
Posts: 459
The frame and spare tire carrier are very different too...

The frame is welded and square (not bent) - and the spare is a welded component of the frame.

Abbreviated makes:
I have a trailer titled as a UNK (It's really a HiPoint). Took me at least a year to figure out they didn't mistake it for a Unik or some such thing, but instead were titling it as UNKnown.

mkw
__________________
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:43 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Roy in TO's Avatar
 
Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Posts: 4,954
Quote:
I've seen lots of times where the DMV has abbreviated a brand name on the title (assuming that's where gregs is getting the "elmac" from).
That makes a lot of sense Raya. Oddly enough the NY DMV added some letters to the VIN on my trailer for their documentation. Seems they used to have some unwritten funny codes to ID the type of "vehicle" registered for their own purposes prior to the 13 digit standards coming into effect. (rates maybe?).

When I transfered everything to Ontario, they would not alter what was on the NY DMV documents even though my trailer does not have the the "funny NY DMV codes" as part of the original serial number. I assume that will only be a problem when it comes time to sell my trailer. Oh well ... guess I better make another News Years resolution to write a letter to the MOT (Ministry of Transport) and see if I can get this resolved.
__________________
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Trailer: El Macho
Posts: 5
Quote:
That makes a lot of sense Raya. Oddly enough the NY DMV added some letters to the VIN on my trailer for their documentation. Seems they used to have some unwritten funny codes to ID the type of "vehicle" registered for their own purposes prior to the 13 digit standards coming into effect. (rates maybe?).

When I transfered everything to Ontario, they would not alter what was on the NY DMV documents even though my trailer does not have the the "funny NY DMV codes" as part of the original serial number. I assume that will only be a problem when it comes time to sell my trailer. Oh well ... guess I better make another News Years resolution to write a letter to the MOT (Ministry of Transport) and see if I can get this resolved.
yes I have seen the DMV abbreviate a name on the title but that is not the case here, the trailer had a sticker on the side that clearly said elmac, I believe it was manufactured in canada, the guy I got it from brought it down from there.
__________________
gregs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Roy in TO's Avatar
 
Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Posts: 4,954
Quote:
the trailer had a sticker on the side that clearly said elmac, I believe it was manufactured in canada
Love to see a picture of that sticker then. Possibly one more trailer to add to the boler descendants.
__________________
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Raya's Avatar
 
Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Posts: 3,014
It does sound as though you have a "new" type of Boler clone. and not an abbreviated title type of mistake. I hope you will take photos of the details so that they can be added to the home page. It's such a great resource for finding info and photos of unusual trailers.
__________________

__________________
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ELMAC 1979 Kevin K Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers 1 07-19-2010 05:34 PM
1979 13' elmac fiberglass trailer gregs Classified Archives 2 01-05-2009 11:26 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.