79 Trillium Jubilee Redo - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #1

Name: Robert
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Nova Scotia
79 Trillium Jubilee Redo

Hi All...
We're still progressing (slowly) with last year's "to the bare frp and back" redo of our Trillium Jubilee. Just a reminder that the Jubilee had a "wooden constructed" interior and the floor water damage in ours plus a badly damaged "wall covering" ( the Jubilee used a material like ensolite ( which is a neoprene), but not as good for wear and tear) convinced us to try this major refit.
I am now re-manufacturing the refrigerator cabinet (with some customizing of course) but am stuck on where the original location was for the 110v frig outlet. (This section was in pretty hard shape wiyh rot and the metal parts, like the rect box, was rusted. Due to removal damage, I can't reconstruct the old pieces for a clue.). Maybe one of you Trillium Jubilee owners would be so kind as to pop the refrig exterior access hatch and see where the 110v cord plugs in...or even a pic if you have time...thanks much!

Robert
p.s. I'll be posting pics of the effort once I get to the "last strokes"....right now I'm designing, trying, learning and redesigning as I go.
rcaulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:00 AM   #2

Name: Robert
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Nova Scotia
Followup: Well, with no replies (but lots of views) to my question I decided to use " best judgement" and mounted the outlet ( a shallow 110v rect box) above the fridge in the vent chamber on the left side looking at it from the outside...there's so little room once the fridge is in place that the cord will need to be plugged in during/before frig installation (maybe that's the reason for the long cord length) . This keeps the cord from needing to travel out of the venting chamber, which as we know, should be sealed so carbon monoxide doesn't infiltrate to the inside of the trailer when running on propane.

Robert
p.s. just a word to the wise now that I think of it...the venting of the fridge on these Jubilee's is done by the wooden "cabinet" walls on the sides and bottom, but on the top it's a piece of light gauge steel sheet caulking sealed to the frp exterior wall (above the top grill), to top of the fridge and to the cabinet sides. This steel was rusted completely out on my original cabinet and would have been a "death trap" if it wasn't replaced...problem is, it's almost impossible to get a look at without removing the fridge and even then you'd likely need a mirror to really look it over. My replacement is of heavier gauge aluminum. Unfortunately this replacement would be very difficult without moving/removing the cabinet.
Trillium owners/ purchasers, take note!
rcaulen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium