8" x 18" Crankout Obscure Window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2014, 03:49 PM   #1

Name: Larry
Trailer: 19 " scamp
Idaho
8" x 18" Crankout Obscure Window

Hi I have a 2010 19' scamp that has a problem with its 8" x 18" Crankout Obscure Window (bath). the two rollers that push open and close the window have come apart. any ideas on where to get parts? Scamp has the compleat window but no parts.
I also need to replave the gasket around the window.

Larry
ladavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:08 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Did you call Scamp? If not why NOT? My guess is that they can at least send you to window manufacturer with a window part number.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #3

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
I replaced all the window gaskets on my 2002 Scamp 19' due to Mud daubers had stopped up inside the windows through the drains. The original owner had gotten sick and had left the Scamp parked under a metal storage cover for two years without using it. The only option was to remove all the windows, clean and then replace. I probably could've used my old gaskets but I like to do things right and I just ordered enough gaskets to redo all the windows. Contacted Scamp and I was referred to Hehr Windows 1-800-637-8938.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladavidson View Post
Hi I have a 2010 19' scamp that has a problem with its 8" x 18" Crankout Obscure Window (bath). the two rollers that push open and close the window have come apart. any ideas on where to get parts? Scamp has the compleat window but no parts.
I also need to replave the gasket around the window.

Larry
I found the crank out mechanism at an RV surplus place in Indiana.
You might call HEHR or call any RV dealer which has a parts room.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:09 PM   #5

Name: Larry
Trailer: 19 " scamp
Idaho
Thanks

Thanks all who responded to my quistion, it will give me something to work on.

Larry
ladavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:22 AM   #6

Name: Robert
Trailer: 13' Scamp (2004 we think)
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
Did you call Scamp? If not why NOT? My guess is that they can at least send you to window manufacturer with a window part number.
I also have a problem with the 8 by 18 crank out window and I did call Scamp. They directed me to HEHR who directed me to their distributor Parkin at 1-800-637-8938 who had the part (008-227) pictured on their website. I ordered the part but they won't have it until 15-20 days from now. The crank out metal mechanism will cost 27.00. Scamp has the entire window for 80.00 (but this doesn't included an installation cost).
bobfealey is offline   Reply With Quote