'84 Scamp front window replacement? paint? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #1

Name: Holly
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Texas
'84 Scamp front window replacement? paint?

Is it possible to have the front plexiglass window and/or rubber replaced on a Scamp? Ours has little cracks at the bottom of the plexiglass and the rubber is weathers and leaks a little. We want to replace or fix it before we have it painted. Which leads to another question - can a paint and body shop for cars paint a Scamp successfuly without the paint chipping? We're new to this!
HollyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #2

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Welcome, a lot of people have dealt with those issues of window repairs and painting. Lot of different approaches and types of paints used. In a little while you will have several different options offered I'm sure.

All paint will chip when hit by road gravel etc. but I have to ask why do you want to paint a scamp? Did you have body work done so it needs to be painted? Or a desire to have a color scheme of some sort?

If you are dealing with an old scamp that just has no shine you should read this post and check out the pictures. You can clean these old eggs and apply an inexpensive floor wax, yes floor wax and get a like new shine. And scamp still sells all the original decals.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/check-this-out-not-poliglow-time-will-tell-43004.html

My 77 scamp could almost pass for a new trailer after I gave it a good cleaning following the advice sprinkled in that thread replaced the decals and applied Red Max. My first trip out I got a "no way" when I told a fellow camper the trailer age.

I would add that a picture of the window might help folks respond, scamp changed windows from time to time and someone may have repaired the same windows on a different year and not know they are also on an 84
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:00 AM   #3

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyB View Post
Is it possible to have the front plexiglass window and/or rubber replaced on a Scamp? Ours has little cracks at the bottom of the plexiglass and the rubber is weathers and leaks a little. We want to replace or fix it before we have it painted. Which leads to another question - can a paint and body shop for cars paint a Scamp successfuly without the paint chipping? We're new to this!
holly, simply ask them if they can paint a corvette, if yes then yes they can do it.
as to the window,, scamp can hook you up and they are good people and deserve our business.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint, scamp