'87 13' SCAMP New to ME!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2006, 08:12 PM   #1

Trailer: 87 13 ft Scamp
So I've just received the SCAMP today. No owners manual or instructions to operate the equipment. Things I want to understand:

How does the 12v batt. work? recharge? when being pulled or plugged into an outlet?

Gas heater? Is this simple to operate? Does the blower work off of electric? what if I'm not plugged in, how long will the battery last while operating the blower?

Any idea where I can get the instructions for all the items? I was able to download a SCAMP "owners manual" but it seems a bit generic. Any other tips I should know before I "hit the road"?

Thanks,
-steve
Steve B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:18 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Hi Steve and congrats on your new to you toy!

Welcome to Fiberglass RV.

You have quite a few questions. Phew! The best place to begin is to run searches on each sstem you are curious about. There are many discussion and threads here about ALL your inquiries! Some have short answers, some could go on forever!

Quote:
Any idea where I can get the instructions for all the items?
A good place is right here! Our document center has many many manuals and individual items outlined in it. Look thru Here and see what you can find.

I'll take a stab at your heater question..yes, they are fairly easy to use, but check to see if your manual is there. Using one wrong can result in.. er, Scrambled and burnt egg. Usually they just have an ON switch and a thermostat.. walla.. they work like your home heater for the most part. Others have pilots to light. Not knowing what you have, it's hard to say.

The electric needed for your fan can be substantial depending on your unit. Others.. not so much. My cat heater fan can run for a couple days with no impact on a FULLY charged battery.

Once again, have a looksee thru the Doc center and see if that helps. Calling Scamp and asking if there is an owner near you may help too. They have a list of folks willing to show thier trailers and they may be happy to explain thier systems to you.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 06:05 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Welcome to FiberglassRV Steve, we're glad you're here. You will find lots of friendly, helpful folks on this site....you just met one..GINA! She's given you some good advice.

If you can't find the specific documents you need in the Document Center, post MODEL numbers for the appliances. More than likely someone on the site has the information you need.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:46 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Hi Steve

I am in Rosemount MN just south of St.Paul...feel free to stop by and I try and show you everything you might need to know about your new Scamp. I formerally owned a 1984 Scamp and and upgraded to a 1994 Scamp

Contact me off line or via PM if interested.

Jim

PS I am heading out for a trip on Sunday the 21st.
Jim Paskett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:58 PM   #5

So I have the model / maker of the fridge. However, I'm not sure of the maker of the heater. The model # is NT12SE, any idea of the maker of the heater?

Jim, thanks for your invitation. I'm out-of-town this week, Thurs - Sun. When do you get home maybe we can hook up then. That would be great.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:27 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
--><div class='quotemain'>
So I have the model / maker of the fridge. However, I'm not sure of the maker of the heater. The model # is NT12SE, any idea of the maker of the heater?
[/quote]

The heater is a Suburban. I have the original manuals for my 1988 Scamp and that's the information (NT-12SE - NT-16SE - NT-20SE) printed on the cover.

If you're patient...like at least a week....patient, I'll scan the manual at put it in the Document Center...that's if no one sends you a copy first.

Let me know if you need any other manuals. Like I said, I've got them for my 1988 model.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:31 PM   #7

Yes, I can wait. I'm actual headed out-of-town starting thurs. morning, won't be able to do much until early next week anyways.

The info on the heater would be appreciated.

In the Document Center the model of fridge was not listed: Dometic RM2201. Do you think the others would be close enough?

Tags
scamp