92 Scamp stove and flooring question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2014, 06:51 PM   #1

Name: staci
Trailer: scamp
Minnesota
92 Scamp stove and flooring question

Hello
We just put in the allure flooring from home depot (bamboo) and really love how it looks and how easy it was to install. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to attach the flooring to the riser/step going up to the dinette area? Also does anyone else's stove look rusted like this when the cover is off? Is this an issue or area of concern? Thanks for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
20140914_181629.jpg   20140914_144114.jpg  

staciw02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:06 PM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
You can attach the vertical piece of flooring with common builders panel adhesive. Then you will want to put a cap of some sort at the top. I use 1/2" X 1/2" aluminum angle, secured with small screws in front. More decorative trim is available, but isn't as rugged.

Looks like there was a past leak, or a lot of water boil-overs. I'd take it out, take it all apart and have the inside sandblasted, then repainted with high temp paint. Actually a whole new cook top isn't all that expensive.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:06 PM   #3

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
I just used a spray on adhesive from 3M. I later went and built a storage bin (one of my most handy mods) that I was surprised how much one could store in it. Your stove looks fine....just needs some cleaning with a wire wheel.
Dave & Paula
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0957.jpg   IMG_0958.jpg  

IMG_0963.jpg  
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:12 PM   #4

Minnesota
Thank you we have the 3m adhesive from reattaching some of the the rat fur so that would work out great! That storage area you built it fantastic!
Old 09-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #5

Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
You can attach the vertical piece of flooring with common builders panel adhesive. Then you will want to put a cap of some sort at the top. I use 1/2" X 1/2" aluminum angle, secured with small screws in front. More decorative trim is available, but isn't as rugged.

Looks like there was a past leak, or a lot of water boil-overs. I'd take it out, take it all apart and have the inside sandblasted, then repainted with high temp paint. Actually a whole new cook top isn't all that expensive.

Thank you. So would using it in this condition be a safety concern or is it mostly a cosmetic issue? If there was a leak i wonder where in the world it would have been coming from...
Old 09-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #6

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
As long as the bottom is intact it should be safe to use. But rust begets rust and any spills will make it worse until there is an opening in the pan and that could present problems.

Even taking a wire wheel to it and then coating it with a "Rust Converter" coating will help it last longer.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:42 AM   #7
DBH

Name: Greg
Trailer: '76 Trillium
Ontario
I used Allure as well and simply put the vertical on with a hot glue gun. I bought a rubber transition from a flooring shop and glued it down with building adhesive, taped in place overnight as it's natural form was less than 90 degrees and it wanted to slip.

Think I posted this picture once before and, like now, somehow it insists on rotating itself with this picture uploader... sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
photo-8.jpg  
DBH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp