"97" Casita Mouse party - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-08-2015, 03:55 PM   #15
Name: Bobby
Trailer: Casita f/d
I owned a sticky 5 th wheel and ended up selling it because the mouse pee smell never did go away with any amount of cleaning!!
Good luck with that one.

TV- 2010 Silverado 1500
Casita f/d
1987 Boler Voyageur
Bobby Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:46 PM   #16
Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
I hope all this turns out well for you. Mice or other critters are either after warmth, or shelter, of food. After cleaning everything up, following all precautions, hopefully you can keep the uninvited visitors out. I have an open box of mothballs in one of the storage cubbyholes. Sometimes there is a faint smell of them, depending on how the wind blows. I am sure the critters with better noses like it much less than I do and stay away. After having a nest built in the engine compartment of my car and important wires chewed on my truck, I hung a bag of those under the hood of each. I also keep some under the roof of my "Scamport" to keep robins from nesting there. So far so good.

Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:36 AM   #17
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Mice are a tough nut to crack. You need to find the entry point(s). Gaps around pipes can be filled with stainless steel scrub pads. I use Aluminun screen across fridge vent openings. etc. You get the idea.

Just about every car made has an open door to mice under the cowl where the fresh air vent is. Once they're in your car the only way I have found to get rid of them is snap traps baited with peanut butter. If there is any chance they are still in your trailer, that's what I recommend. Car dealerships love mice. They make thousands repairing the damage, in particular car heating systems. Subarus and Hondas are particularly vulnerable. Do a search. You will be amazed at how big the problem is.

This is from a previous thread I started on the subject

Two sites I found helpful. The first is the cliff notes version. The second, the "Moby Dick" version.

Control of Mice | University of Kentucky Entomology

Prevention and control of house mice, Mus musculus

The thread is here Is Mickey living with?

Good luck, Raz

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote