A leak! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-18-2007, 09:00 PM   #15
Trailer: 73 Boler 13 ft
Thumbs up

Hi, all. This site is amazing! We are coming up in the world, of the ground that is, and have just bought our first trailer ever. A garage sale find this past weekend, a 13 ft. Boler. Neighbours told us we had to buy it 'cause it matched our house! 7 inches of snow here this morning, and now I see that this great find is leaking from the roof vent, and the front window. Front window is so scratched, we were thinking we would replace it anyway.I presume a good installation job would take care of that leak. The roof vent has so much silicone around it, I would think to take it out and start again might be a good idea. We want to paint the exterior, and inside. I don't even know if the gelcoat I read about here, is the inside or outside.In painting the inside, is it easy to fix all the little nicks, and old holes. I read the side of the Bondo can, at Walmart, seems to refer to using it with the cloth, but surely that's not necessary for little holes? Enough for now!

Peggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:59 AM   #16
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Peggy... You can use white Acrylic Latex caulking to dab in to the nicks and rips and also to fill the seams inside the trailer B/4 you paint!!! And use a top quality Acrylic Latex Interior house paint ...in "EGGSHELL" of course
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote