A possible new electric space heater... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2008, 03:52 PM   #1

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I'm looking at this one.
Seabreeze Heater
I have to measure around the outlet I would use and see if it seems feasible, though.

Has anyone seen one? Any opinions?
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:50 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
I would be inclined to spend half that amount at Wallly or Target and get a corded heater. Much easier to replace if something goes wrong, can be put away when not in use and can be used elsewhere.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:04 PM   #3

Registry
Quote:
I would be inclined to spend half that amount at Wallly or Target and get a corded heater. Much easier to replace if something goes wrong, can be put away when not in use and can be used elsewhere.
The problem is where to mount it, and how to keep it from getting knocked over. Plus dangling cords. This looked intriguing because it just sits on the outlet.

Bobbie
Old 01-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Those little ceramic cube heaters are great. They're cheap and easy to store. Frosty even likes ours! He likes to sleep with his nose about a foot from it.
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #5

Registry
If I had a way to securely mount a cube heater, it might work well. Any ideas?
Old 01-19-2008, 07:09 PM   #6

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I actually have an outlet in my rig where this would work well, but I have seen many trailers where it wouldn't.

The advantages as you have mentioned, are no cords to tangle up. It has a nicer look.

It does provide a side outlet so you don't lose your outlet qty, but it also says it has a low current capability.

The disadvantage is the lack of ability to position it where you really want it in a larger rig, and it does not appear to be a ceramic one. The ceramic ones seem to work far better and are much smaller.

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:27 PM   #7

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Do I 'read' this right??
This unit plug DIRECTLY into an outlet???
If so, I have no outlets available that I could properly plug this puppy into.
I suppose one could plug it into a heavy duty (short) extension cord and plug that in where needed????
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:36 PM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Do I 'read' this right??
This unit plug DIRECTLY into an outlet???
If so, I have no outlets available that I could properly plug this puppy into.
I suppose one could plug it into a heavy duty (short) extension cord and plug that in where needed????
I don't think you'd want it if you didn't have the outlet for it. There would not be any point. The idea seems to be that it mounts on the wall (not free-standing) and you have no cords to deal with, either. I might have the outlet, still havent gone down to the garage to measure. Mine may be too close to the level of the seat, though.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:55 PM   #9

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
I have one like that that I used to use. Not being able to point it where the heat is needed made it good for only 1 outlet in my trailer, I'm using a small cube heater right now in the campsite here in Morro Dunes RV park and it's working great. My cube is a small Titan I got at Wal-Mart.
Mike Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:06 PM   #10

Registry
It actually might work well for me. I wish I could see one, though, I'd like to know if it sits squarely over the outlet or is offset at all. I have an outlet about 9 inches above the bench, so the heater would point towards the bed (into the "cabin" area rather than the kitchen area.) If it was centered right over the outlet a bit of it would stick out from the wall, though, and I'm afraid I'd end up banging into it all the time.

I could put a shelf up in that area and sit the heater on it- but then I'd have to worry about it getting knocked down.

What I did on the one trip that I used heat on is balance a space heater on the stove- but that was not safe enough to leave for long, with the dogs and me in the trailer.

Bobbie
Old 01-19-2008, 08:19 PM   #11

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

Quote:
I could put a shelf up in that area and sit the heater on it- but then I'd have to worry about it getting knocked down.
I'd be trying to figure out a way to fasten the heater to the shelf.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:37 AM   #12

Trailer: Dutchmen Toy Hauler
Quote:
I'm looking at this one.
Seabreeze Heater
I have to measure around the outlet I would use and see if it seems feasible, though.

Has anyone seen one? Any opinions?
Seems pretty "spendy" for what it is. Ceramic cube heaters are VERY efficient and cost less. Just make sure you buy one that has a "dead man's switch" on it. That's a unit that shuts off when it's knocked over. I have one that is so sensitive that if I set the temperature while it's sitting on the counter and then move it to the floor, it shuts off.

In most RVs, the electrical outlets are up high. I want my heater on the floor since heat rises. If you start out with the heater up high, your feet are going to be pretty chilly.

If you don't need it right now, once the need for them is over, you can pick up a portable heater for a great price.

Just my .02 worth.

Wendy
Wendy McQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:02 PM   #13

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2005
Amazon has a better description and customer reviews that answer some of the posted questions.

Harold