ac conversion on 77 Trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2015, 06:05 PM   #1

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Trillium
South Carolina
ac conversion on 77 Trillium

Has anyone installed an /a/C unit on a 77 Trillium? We were thinking either back window or under the front couch/bed. We are in SC and have to have a little air to use our trailer in the warm months. Our Trill is 1300.
Dennis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 12:51 PM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
If you put it under the Gaucho, you will need to cut a hole in the bottom of the trailer to vent the hot air.
I have seen several installed where the escape hatch is. If you go this route, I would remove the hatch and keep it safe, then build a replacement metal plate to take the place of the hatch. That way, converting back will be trivial.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 01:49 PM   #3

Name: Dennis
South Carolina
David we tried camping last week in CHS. SC with a fan. Definitely need air. If we install in back window do you have any recommendations to support so it can stay there. How much support is on the sill? Dennis is a finish carpenter by trade a tent camper so this is new to him. He can do anything with some correct direction. Any help appreciated. Thks. Bonnie. (Other half of dennis 77)

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Dennis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:13 PM   #4

Name: Dale
Saskatchewan
I put a small standup AC unit in my trillium, with it venting out the window over the stove. I decide before each trip if its worth lugging along - but didn't have to cut holes or make any modifications to put it in.

For the vent i took a piece of corrugated plastic (picture an election sign) and cut it to the shape of the window, i then screwed through it to mount the AC vent hose, and cut the hole in the middle for it to breathe through. The plastic is held to the frame with metal Duct tape so it seals completely.
dbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 03:30 PM   #5

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1980Trillium 1300
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis77 View Post
David we tried camping last week in CHS. SC with a fan. Definitely need air. If we install in back window do you have any recommendations to support so it can stay there. How much support is on the sill? Dennis is a finish carpenter by trade a tent camper so this is new to him. He can do anything with some correct direction. Any help appreciated. Thks. Bonnie. (Other half of dennis 77)

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
...No need for any of support bracket as I first thought. Mine is Trill1300 like yours, put in 5200BTU window A/C and keep original emergency window in tact for storage, like David said. In hot, summer days, it works like a champ 24/24 and even my key chain hanging in there looked like frost when I take it in the morning. Just enjoy some of my photos....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG670.jpg   IMG622.jpg  

Thinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:37 PM   #6

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Randy, You do good work.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:56 AM   #7

Name: Michael
Trailer: In the market
Illinois
Thank you very much for your AC information. I have a 79 Trillium completely restored but did not want to cut through the wall for the AC. I priced the AC today and am going to pick it up. So.....this unit gets rid of the moisture as well? Can't stand those damp sheets! HA! I have some plexiglass pieces that might work for the window area. Thanks again...you made my day......and made it cooler!
donksax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 03:04 PM   #8

Name: E. Jane
Trailer: Trillium 1980 1300 Deluxe
Massachusetts
Looks like a good solution. You said the emergency window was available for storage. Do you take the AC out in the fall and put the window back in? We purchased a 1980 Trillium 1300 deluxe and are considering an ac option. A floor model takes up such precious real estate!
jbclabaugh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium