Adding 12v Sockets & Lights - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-13-2006, 01:11 PM   #15

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
...United Radio Supply in NE Portland...
I tried to look for this supplier, and I think they are now URS Electronics. Are these the right people, Per? If they are, it looks like they're a in-person or phone-order business - the web site lists Neutrik (the maker of Speakon) as a supplier, but there's no product information apparent.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:15 PM   #16

Alberta
Peter, that sounds like a great plan... for those who will be able to be in Oregon. I won't be, but I hope to see photos of your work posted.

Byron, I can believe that the white fiberglass cabinet works decently with the CCFL tubes - for those who have them. My cabinets are fake-wood paneling. Even if I added a white or reflective sheet for a better background, I would still want a reflector to direct the light in a more useful pattern.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:59 PM   #17

Name: Per
Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft Widebody towed by Touareg TDI
Oregon
Registry
Brian:

URS Electronics is correct. 503 344-5341. Neutrik is also correct.

Byron:

Disagree with me? Well, I never.......
I of course neglected to mention that anything plugged into it needs the corresponding change to the cord. I find these plugs exceptionally easy to wire up, and I don't mind. Most of my chargers and things go to 120v AC anyway, and I hard-wired a parallel set of outlets for inverter 120. These are in a festive and colorful decorator gray to distinguish them from the white shore power ones.

I was unaware of better cigarette lighter type outlets from the marine world. I did make up a short converter adapter for the rare time when all I have is a cord with the "wrong" plug. Did I mention that I view my trailer as a "Wire me Burro" doll?
Old 12-13-2006, 04:24 PM   #18

Alberta
Back references on the topic of 12VDC electrical outlets in the trailer...

Breeze Fan
  • socket discussion starting around post #24
TV/DVD/CD/Radio/ Stereo, All in one and does not take up any space
  • Marinco information starting around post #15
There isn't a really good Marinco link in either of those topics, but today I found the Marinco Shore Power 12V Products page. They also have a Connect Pro line of connectors intended for trolling motors (DC, the right voltage range, and high current); it may be a great connector (I've only seen them on websites), but I don't know that we need another uncommon and expensive connector, no matter how good.

I mentioned in one of those that I would be added outlets, but I have not got that far in my to-do list yet.

Tags
lighting, lights