adhesive floor tiles - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2007, 07:05 AM   #1

Trailer: 73 Boler 13 ft
Has anyone tried the vinyl adhesive floor tiles on the Boler. Our floor seems to be metal.
My husband thinks they will curl up at the dges, eventually, like his Mom's did years ago! I was hoping they would be better these days. ? photos. Thanks
Peggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #2

Trailer: 1970 Boler
I used them on a new wood (plywood) sub floor. Worked fine for me. I used some aluminum for molding around the edges. Very easy to do and was the flooring was cheap...I spent more on the aluminum molding than the floor!

pics on my web site.

- Kurt
Kurt in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:26 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I think the secret of longevity peel 'n stick tiles is to not flood the floor with water...ever. Think cleaning with a damp paper towel, rather than wet mop.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:21 AM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
I think the secret of longevity peel 'n stick tiles is to not flood the floor with water...ever. Think cleaning with a damp paper towel, rather than wet mop.
Yup- - -with those, one has to watch the dampness (or wetness)..... I had "peel & stick" tile on my Scamp floor. When I removed it, every joint was outlined with a dust (polite term for dirt and filth) track... I took the time (and the slightly added cost) and put in vinyl flooring in one piece. Even took the time and effort to remove the dinette seats and water tank to make it one piece under there too. (but wasn't too bad expense -bought a leftover chunk for $40 and still have extra) then trimmed the step-down with a chunk of aluminum angle. The Wench is much happier with the floor now... (and so am I) We don't have to worry about me during hunting season tracking snow, etc in- just wipe it up. JMHO Larry
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 1970 Boler
the key seems to be a clean surface for them to stick to.

I use a wet mop on mine and its all good but if the surface is ruff they do not stick very well.

They are very sticky these days.
Kurt in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 07:31 PM   #6

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I used the plank style ones on my 13. They stayed stuck quite well with the proper prep mentioned above.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:11 AM   #7
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
. I laid them down about five years ago and they are doing fine. I first pulled up the carpet then laid down a thin layaer of Luan (thin plywood). I glued and screwed it to the subfloor. Then I used an additional adhesive (it was recommended by the tile manufactuer for hard-wear areas). Once completely dry and stuck, I used a mat finish stone sealer on it. This goes into the cracks and helps prevent water from seeping in to cause them to release. I now do that every so often to make sure the seams are (somewhat) sealed. It takes about five minutes. I've been in areas when it was raining, but not cold enough for heater nor warm enough for A/C. Really was humid and damp. They are still stuck today. Warning: Using this method means you better put it where you want it the first time because once the adhesive on the back of the tile hits the properly applied and cured adhesive on the floor, it's not going to release or move. Where you put it is where it stays.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote