Advice and Ideas Needed for Boler Repair - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2016, 06:29 PM   #21

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Boler
Connecticut
I don't plan on replacing the fiberglass furniture just the kitchen cabinets and I may only cut the front out of the bottom cabinets and replace it with wood because it has been so badly mutalated and I was not aware tholse little bars supported the roof thanks.
Kevin98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:53 PM   #22

Connecticut
I am also trying to figure out a 12v system how should I hook up batteries etc. and how should I charge them should I use an inverter?
Old 03-10-2016, 08:46 PM   #23

Name: Sylvio
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Quebec
Kevin,

I'm working on a Boler as well. I feel your pain...

How do you manage to post pictures without them being upside down? That's amazing to me...! I'm using an ipad as well.
Uncle Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:19 PM   #24

Connecticut
Hahaha it took me an hour to figure out how to even put up a picture
Old 03-10-2016, 09:34 PM   #25

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin98 View Post
Here is the outside
That looks like a Boler American you have there.

The serial number should be on a plate on the left side of the tongue. What number is it?

There's a registry/history somewhere on here. I'll see if I can find it.

This is the thread I was thinking of ...
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ere-42676.html
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:31 AM   #26

Name: Christian
Trailer: Escape 2017, 17B
Florida
You can find out a lot about 12v systems on the solar thread on the forum. If you run 12v appliances you won't need an inverter. The inverter changes DC to AC. I have a fridge that runs on 110/12 but will be taking it out and using a 12v fridge instead. I plan to sell it if you are interested, but that's a couple of months in the future.

Sent from my C6530N using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Christian in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 11:36 AM   #27

Connecticut
My only concern is that 110 volt appliances are much easier to come by and a lot cheaper.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:46 AM   #28

Name: Christian
Trailer: Escape 2017, 17B
Florida
True that 110 v are cheaper, until you factor in the campground fees where you will need to stay to have electric hookup. Those can be up to 50 - 65$ nightly. In some rv parks they go up even higher, esp at peak season times.

Sent from my C6530N using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Christian in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:41 PM   #29

Connecticut
Yes that's true I've decided to not put any large appliances in it I have a gas stove and an ice box and no furnace I just have and old Colman catalatic heater I'm keeping it very simple as most places I go camping there is no power or anything.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:10 PM   #30

Trailer: Lite House
Registry
I thought that I had a big project.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Davie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:26 PM   #31

Connecticut
Here is the new floor sections in
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 03-20-2016, 09:52 PM   #32

Name: Suvi
British Columbia
Hi there! I've also got a 13 foot '68 Boler. Was not in quite as rough shape (was my gramp's) but I only did the minimum in terms of repair to make it liveable inside and I no longer have the stove in, no fridge (only ice box, etc.). You're for sure doing a much more thorough job than me!

Question for anyone on this thread: I've got serious door sag issues. Have watched some youtubes about it, but none that address the issue with my ancient hinges. Should j just take the door off and try to re-hang with new hinges? And any recommendations on doing this or resources to point me to? I've also attached a photo of the pretty massive gap in the side of my door. I don't think re-hanging the door is even going to fully address the gap, but it's a start, I guess.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Attached Thumbnails
ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1458532171.348190.jpg   ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1458532265.938106.jpg  

sooveroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:14 PM   #33

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Suvi, I think you're going to need to talk to Ian Giles about the hinges. I know you've got one of the few original flat top Boler's and those were the hinges used before they change to the two-bolt, brass ball and spring. And, you can't get those hinges as new anymore either. You'll probably need to change to the three-bolt, Scamp hinge.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:29 PM   #34

Name: Suvi
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Suvi, I think you're going to need to talk to Ian Giles about the hinges. I know you've got one of the few original flat top Boler's and those were the hinges used before they change to the two-bolt, brass ball and spring. And, you can't get those hinges as new anymore either. You'll probably need to change to the three-bolt, Scamp hinge.

Yea, Donna. I definitely will. Actually bought the ball and spring set from him without having looked at the hinges closely all winter and then realized they wouldn't work unless I entirely replace hinges. He's in Calgary I think. Tempted to take my trailer out there in the fall and let him have his way with it 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
sooveroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler