Advise on Foam for cushions - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-19-2009, 03:48 PM   #15

Name: Mike
Trailer: Actively shopping for a project, again.
Quote:
I don't know why most of the eggers are elsewhere; it's weird, isn't it? Maybe because the camping is better in Canada and the west (more open space, that is)? There sure weren't many for sale in these-here parts.
Different maybe, more space yes, better not sure. I have to say I love the change in scenery and weather without having to travel very far, so New England is it for me. I would be nice if there were more public or government owned land, but there are a few state campgrounds around here. Other than my Egg I think I have only seen two others, and both after I bought mine. I was shocked recently to see a Burro just like mine two towns over.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #16

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Yeah, "better" probably wasn't the best way to say it. I guess I meant something more like "easier" in that there are fewer people, more campsites per capita, and less traffic (in general, although there are some places with plenty of it). I'm from Minnesota and I see a lot more campers around there (although still not too many eggs).

There are some awfully pretty places here on the East Coast.

Raya

Old 04-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #17

Name: Mike
Trailer: Actively shopping for a project, again.
Quote:
I'm from the east but lived exclusively out there (arizona) for a while but came back for the grandkids..... I should have stayed there as i really liked it alot....within the next three years will be out there permanently again. I miss the Desert and get out there about twice a year.
Joe
I've never had the pleasure of seeing the desert, closest I came was Colorado and California. I will say I loved the drive to San Fransisco and back (15 years ago). Like many work, kids, and life prevent long travel, but that's why we all look forward to retirement, right? We escaped two years ago for a month (with all three kids), it was a miracle that I was able to be away that long from work, but cell phones and the internet helped. We were able to camp the east coast from Massachusetts to Florida and back. When we planned the trip we knew it was a once in a lifetime trip (before the kids head off for college, etc).

I hope that once we retire, if that day ever comes, we will get to see more and more of this great country.