All in favor of just caulking it now..raise your hand.. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-01-2010, 01:03 AM   #15

Name: Brandy
Oh of course i recognized the humor......pA lEASE...anyone who thinks I'm a woman who is stranded and in need of help better know its just a trick to get their life preserver for my own self preservation....I love every one who replys and appreciate anyone who gets my humor in this post.....

Quote:
Barbara AND Brandy -
I was ABSOLUTELY (sort of) joking with that lowball price. We've all put a lot of time and energy, blood, sweat, and certainly tears (OK, maybe that was just me) into our pet headaches...er...trailers. Seriously, though, I think many of us have had times when we'd practically give them away. Not me, though. Nope. Never had it happen to me...

Let's see...what do I need before we go out camping Wednesday?
- fix hole in side (sawed by my dear ol' ever so helpful dad)
- figure out how to repair the paper towel bar which rattled loose last trip
- find the short that causes one taillight to turn on if both (newly rewired) interior lights are on (but ONLY if both interior lights are on)

Oh...there's more...but gotta figure these out before we head into the cold for a midweek camping trip. Come Tuesday night, I'll probably take any bid, too!

Old 01-01-2010, 01:30 AM   #16

Name: Larry
Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Washington
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Brandy--- Happy New Year... BTW, I am going to have to retract my bid as my neighbor will not give my blue tarps back.... He seems to think that with the snow coming down this evening, he needs them... Sorry L&C

Old 01-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #17

Name: Jen
Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Registry
Quote:
I use "AquaMend"
Thanks for mentioning both of these, Greg. I have a 1 1/2" round hole in the side of my trailer which needs closing. I've been waiting to gather all the fiberglassing supplies, but maybe this stuff'll do the trick. It's certainly worth a try.
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #18

Name: Brandy
Yeah thats the thing about washintonians...little bad weather sends them into lockdown mode...its worse here in Seattle, all those fancy cars and big sledding hills sets them into panic mode.....its rather fun to observe...it a sic twisted sort of way...

Quote:
Brandy--- Happy New Year... BTW, I am going to have to retract my bid as my neighbor will not give my blue tarps back.... He seems to think that with the snow coming down this evening, he needs them... Sorry L&C
Old 01-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #19

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Arizona
Quote:
Thanks for mentioning both of these, Greg. I have a 1 1/2" round hole in the side of my trailer which needs closing. I've been waiting to gather all the fiberglassing supplies, but maybe this stuff'll do the trick. It's certainly worth a try.
Jen,

For that large a hole, I'd glass the repair. The "aqua mend type repair sticks are more suited to repairing an old screw or rivet hole.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #20

Name: Jen
Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Registry
Quote:
Jen,

For that large a hole, I'd glass the repair. The "aqua mend type repair sticks are more suited to repairing an old screw or rivet hole.
OK, great! Thanks, Greg, for elaborating.

JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote