Amerigo Owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2014, 03:22 AM   #1

Name: Randy
Trailer: Amerigo
Iowa
Registry
Amerigo Owner

Good morning to all. I am a new member here and just love the site. And because I am an Amerigo camper owner and just love the amount of people and talk here about these trailers. Information and other owners are hard to find. I have pics of my trailer attached and would love to get some input from some of you. First I am the third owner of this trailer. My parents bought the trailer in 1987 and I purchased it from them in 1993. It is a 1972 titled as model # 13x7. There have been some modifications but a lot is still original. Now for some information I would like to get. I have seen pics of the FG-16 trailers but until this website had not seen interior pics. From what I see the inside layouts are reversed of mine. My trailer has the dining table at the front of the trailer which folds away to make a bed and at the back is a U shaped lounge area that folds into a double bed. The frig and stove seem to be in the same relitive positions. Also on no other trailer have I seen the storage door at the back of the trailer. The door folds down and the storage area is quite large and big time use full. Natualy I would love to hear from others with the same trailer as mine but I am very interested in thoughts about the differances in these trailers. Hope to hear from anyone. Have a nice day !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Front Bed.jpg   Table.jpg  

BackBed1.jpg   BackSeat.jpg  

Entry.jpg   Frig.jpg  

Left.jpg   Stove.jpg  

Vent.jpg   Back3.JPG  

frahms_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:27 AM   #2

Iowa
Registry
I'll be the first to reply to my post. One pic of the sorage door did not make it so I wanted to include.
Attached Thumbnails
Back1.jpg  
Old 05-08-2014, 03:31 AM   #3

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
I don't have answered to your questions, but I have to comment on what beautiful shape your trailer is in. Obviously well taken care of.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:48 AM   #4

Iowa
Registry
Thank you reeves99. It is in need of some work. I look forward to geeting started.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:56 AM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I don't know why, but I have always had an interest in the Amerigo. I think it is the floor design; it seems larger to me.

Nice camper. You should have fun fixing it up. It does not look like it will take a lot of work; it looks in good shape.

Where at in Iowa?

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:23 AM   #6

Iowa
Registry
Good morning Cindy L. Thank you for your comments. I live in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The only major issue to repair is a small water leak at the front window. It has been a problem as long as my parents and I have owed it. All other windows are quite ok and no other water issues. I also like the layout for a small trailer. I am 6"1" so the ceiling height can be a challenge. What is also nice it is very light wieght and easy to tow. Have a wonderfull day !!!
Old 05-08-2014, 06:03 AM   #7

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Ah, I am from Anamosa with lots of family in Cedar Rapids. Our Uhaul camper will be in Iowa near Cedar Rapids over the 4th, in Coralville, if we can get a spot in the campground we like.

Hubby is also 6'1" and fits in our Uhaul. He would not like one that he has to walk stooped in all the time.

Good luck with the redo. Post pix.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:55 AM   #8

Iowa
Registry
I will put the pics up. Have a great day !!!!

Tags
amerigo