OK, My Amerigo
arrived this week. The exterior was not as bad as we thought but the windows
have all been sealed shut. The entire outside was primed with grey primer to include some trim and lights
. I hesitate to show you these photos but ... here goes. I'm attaching a link instead. It's just a whole lot easier. www.PictureTrail.com/gid20465869
- Frame and axle
- original door & windows
intact (although some are covered up on the inside)
- Some original cabinets remain
- Exterior damage wasn't as bad as we thought. The fiberglass repair will be easier as all the pieces are still there.
- Original Cushions are still there
Bad news ...
- This will be an almost entire interior gut and redo
- Wiring seems to be new although it was poorly placed and the boxes are exterior mounted to the cabinets in many places
- They replaced some of the original cabinets with poorly constructed homemade cabinets.
- Stove and refrigerator
- Sink was moved to different location and will be returned to its rightful home
- Walled placed over rear back and side window
- All windows
caulked shut ... Uggg!
So, wish me luck... we start ripping out the interior tomorrow.