another awning question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2006, 10:17 AM   #1

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
I can't remember if this was ever mentioned but if "airstream' is curved like the scamps why doenst A & E come up with the same type of awning for the Scamp in a lighter weight verson??
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:56 AM   #2

Trailer: 1986 23 ft Road Ranger
I have seen curved awnings on some of the newer FG trailers. Are they too heavy for our older trailers?
Rick and Shannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:17 AM   #3

Oh I have never seen any curved ones! I dont know thats what I was asking about being to heavy??
Old 03-21-2006, 11:21 AM   #4

Let me see if I can find the website with the curved awnings. It seems like the awnings were advertised as being for small trailers and vans.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:48 AM   #5

I was so wrong. I cannot find those curved awnings anywhere! I did find lighter awnings that could be used on tent trailers and the company also sold curved hardware. Don't know if you could change out the hardware or even contact the company about it.

We don't have an awning on our trailer right now but we did have a bagged awning on our tent trailer. We could never get the hang of it and it just seemed like more trouble than it was worth. I have told hubby that I really want one of these curved awnings that I have seen on the newer FG trailers.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:13 PM   #6

Maybe if you run into some one with a FG trailer with those curved awnings on them ask where they got it or what company makes them... would be nice to find out....
Old 03-21-2006, 12:37 PM   #7

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Send a message via MSN to BillNKC Send a message via Yahoo to BillNKC
Quote:
Maybe if you run into some one with a FG trailer with those curved awnings on them ask where they got it or what company makes them... would be nice to find out....
Christ, pls keep asking and digging. I feel insecure in asking to many questions, but you're asking all the questions I have and I am taking in all the information your gathhering. Keep up the good investigative work
BillNKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #8

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
Some years ago I inquired about an awning set-up for our Avion. The fellow at the local Camper World said all I had to do was make a cardboard template of the curve and the awning company would be able to produce curved arms.

I can't completely vouch for this because I never did follow up on this and order an awning. But you might give it a try.
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:27 PM   #9

Christi - It looks like the Escapes come with the kind of awning we are talking about. Check this out: Escape trailer

Maybe an Escape owner can check their awning and tell us what brand it is.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:37 AM   #10
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Roger can verify this, but Airstream used to use Zip Dee Awnings. I called them and they also told me they could make it to fit any trailer with a template.

There is another brand that, for the life of me, I can't think what the name of it is right now. In fact, there may be a couple of them.

It looks like they are rebuilding their web site, but here's the one for Zip Dee
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:22 PM   #11
PETERBROWN

Quote:
I can't remember if this was ever mentioned but if "airstream' is curved like the scamps why doenst A & E come up with the same type of awning for the Scamp in a lighter weight verson??
Hello Christi, I have a o4 trillium with a carefree fiesta awning which is specially made for the small glass trailer and available from either me at woodys rv in edmonton alberta or you can go directly to Joe @ International rv in Calgary alberta they are 1100.00 Canadian and if you have another type of trailer , yes a&e does still make curved hardware as does carefree too. If you have any further questions please feel free to email me .