Another stupid question? - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Ev in Oregon's Avatar
 
Name: Evelyn
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot B17-DLX
Oregon Coast
Posts: 123
Registry
Another stupid question?

Can anyone tell me what this toggle switch is for? It's located on the window sill below one of the side windows in the dining area. It is the same type as the water pump switch on the monitor panel. I've toggled it on & off, but nothing happens. Maybe that's a good thing!? (1988 Bigfoot 17DLX)
Attached Thumbnails
2013-12-08 001.jpg  
__________________

__________________
Ev in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 17' DLX
Alaska
Posts: 379
Registry
It's for the tongue light that is directly below the front window above the propane tank cover.
__________________

__________________
trainjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Ev in Oregon's Avatar
 
Name: Evelyn
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot B17-DLX
Oregon Coast
Posts: 123
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainjunkie View Post
It's for the tongue light that is directly below the front window above the propane tank cover.
Duh! I thought that might be it, but the bulb must be burned out because it didn't light up when I tried it a few weeks back. Seems there's always something to fix, but it's sooo worth it.

Thanks for your help; I appreciate it.
__________________
Ev in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Chalet
Posts: 510
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Now see there is just no such thing as a stupid question! Only good simple question that need an answer.

Glad you found out what the switch was far. That is the good thing about this sight....someone always has an answer for you.

Happy Camping
__________________
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Ev in Oregon's Avatar
 
Name: Evelyn
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot B17-DLX
Oregon Coast
Posts: 123
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Musgrave View Post
Now see there is just no such thing as a stupid question! Only good simple question that need an answer.

Glad you found out what the switch was far. That is the good thing about this sight....someone always has an answer for you.

Happy Camping
I'm new to this site, Lynn, but I already have had more than my share of stupid questions answered! I don't discourage easily, so I just keep on asking.

I agree, there's always good advice & helpful suggestions. I'm impressed with the site.
__________________
Ev in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #6
Member
 
Name: Karen
Trailer: Formerly Bigfoot 25RB21 and Scamp 19
Colorado
Posts: 91
My old Bigfoot motorhome had a toggle switch like that in the back bedroom. On one of our first trips in it while staying at a nice woodsy campground in Michigan, I got it into my head to solve the mystery of what the switch was for and flipped it over and over and over for a long time and didn't notice a thing in the motorhome changing.

The next morning, our neighbor at the next site over (very politely) let me know that the repeated flashing of the extremely bright floodlights on the side of our Bigfoot had made it difficult for him to fall asleep. He was kind enough to actually laugh about it when I apologized profusely and explained why the lights were flashing. Mystery solved!
__________________
Karen T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
carlkeigley's Avatar
 
Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Posts: 2,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev in Oregon View Post
I'm new to this site, Lynn, but I already have had more than my share of stupid questions answered! I don't discourage easily, so I just keep on asking.

I agree, there's always good advice & helpful suggestions. I'm impressed with the site.
There's never a stupid question, but there can be stupid answers..........lol
__________________
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
carlkeigley's Avatar
 
Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Posts: 2,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen T View Post
My old Bigfoot motorhome had a toggle switch like that in the back bedroom. On one of our first trips in it while staying at a nice woodsy campground in Michigan, I got it into my head to solve the mystery of what the switch was for and flipped it over and over and over for a long time and didn't notice a thing in the motorhome changing.

The next morning, our neighbor at the next site over (very politely) let me know that the repeated flashing of the extremely bright floodlights on the side of our Bigfoot had made it difficult for him to fall asleep. He was kind enough to actually laugh about it when I apologized profusely and explained why the lights were flashing. Mystery solved!
That made me laugh.
Glad you were next to jolly campers.
__________________
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Michigan
Posts: 1,305
The only stupid question is the one NOT asked.
__________________
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,398
Registry
At least you know it doesn't control a neighbor's garage door like the one in the tv commercial where the husband asks what does this switch do while it closes the neighbor's garage door on the car repeatedly.
__________________
Jim
Never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Ev in Oregon's Avatar
 
Name: Evelyn
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot B17-DLX
Oregon Coast
Posts: 123
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen T View Post
My old Bigfoot motorhome had a toggle switch like that in the back bedroom. On one of our first trips in it while staying at a nice woodsy campground in Michigan, I got it into my head to solve the mystery of what the switch was for and flipped it over and over and over for a long time and didn't notice a thing in the motorhome changing.

The next morning, our neighbor at the next site over (very politely) let me know that the repeated flashing of the extremely bright floodlights on the side of our Bigfoot had made it difficult for him to fall asleep. He was kind enough to actually laugh about it when I apologized profusely and explained why the lights were flashing. Mystery solved!
Karen, we must be twins separated at birth! I laughed so hard at your story; it's exactly something I'd do -- oh, wait, I've DONE it. It wouldn't be the first time in my life that my curiosity got me in deep doo-doo, but I'd have missed out on so much otherwise!
__________________
Ev in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Ev in Oregon's Avatar
 
Name: Evelyn
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot B17-DLX
Oregon Coast
Posts: 123
Registry
Made my day

I'm so glad I stopped by here this morning. My face hurts from laughing!
__________________

__________________
Ev in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stupid Question - I can't scamp table back up Dawn Gundermann Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 9 10-18-2007 08:32 AM
Howdy ... and possible stupid question Bill B. General Chat 11 02-27-2007 12:27 AM
I hate it when I'm stupid Keith Williams General Chat 25 07-23-2006 03:54 PM
Stupid Things in the Wilderness George Cathcart Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 11 01-20-2006 01:39 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.