Another update - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2016, 04:00 PM   #1

Name: Margaret
Trailer: in the market
North Carolina
Another update

Hi all, it's me, Margaret.

I continue to have health problems, but when I leave home (not just my home, but also my town), I do feel better.

I've been out West (D Valley Natl Park) and to several beaches along the Florida Gulf Coast, the last more recently.

It looks like oceans and dry climates suit me best, though I don't do well in big cities like Phoenix or Las Vegas.

I'm still chemically sensitive, but I still think it's worthwhile for me to try the camper thing again.

I've concluded (so far--maybe it's not a conclusion!!) that a thoroughly off gassed camper in a dry climate probably suits me best, until I can figure out where the heck I want to live permanently.

So, I'm going to try classifieds again. You will probably see my camper wanted ad in a few days.

Margaret
Lonely Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:23 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
I wish you the best in your endeavor. I know what you're going through. A close friend of mine, son was driving a convertible when a truck in front of him dropped a bag of pesticides and fell in front of his car and the bag burst into a powder cloud engulfing him. He barely survived the chemical cloud spending months in the hospital. After he was stable everything effected him and his permanently damaged immune system. His only reprieve came when he lived life outside in natural linen fiber. He couldn't tolerate any chemicals, perfumes, colorants, soaps or starches. He lives in San Diego on the desert side in his mother's back yard. He's been living this existence for almost 25 years now with no change in his outcome. His existence has bankrupt the family and his dad passed away 2 years ago. When his mom goes I don't know what he is going to do.

Best wishes for the comfort you seek.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:53 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome back, Margaret! Glad to hear you're bouncing back and still pursuing your dream.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:32 PM   #4

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
I wish you the best in your endeavor. I know what you're going through. A close friend of mine, son was driving a convertible when a truck in front of him dropped a bag of pesticides and fell in front of his car and the bag burst into a powder cloud engulfing him. He barely survived the chemical cloud spending months in the hospital. After he was stable everything effected him and his permanently damaged immune system. His only reprieve came when he lived life outside in natural linen fiber. He couldn't tolerate any chemicals, perfumes, colorants, soaps or starches. He lives in San Diego on the desert side in his mother's back yard. He's been living this existence for almost 25 years now with no change in his outcome. His existence has bankrupt the family and his dad passed away 2 years ago. When his mom goes I don't know what he is going to do.

Best wishes for the comfort you seek.
Wow, that's awful. Has he thought of having a tiny house custom designed and built for him? That's what a lot of us are doing, and it's what I plan to do eventually. If he can't afford it, it could be super tiny.

You'd be amazed how many people do live outside, although it sounds pretty hot if it's in So. California. I tried living on my deck, but the climate is too wet and rainy here, so it didn't help.

Linen is a good idea, and I'm glad you mentioned it.

My immune system was damaged by chemotherapy. I have had Lyme Disease twice, along with some other scourges. I tested positive for mold poisoning.

Pesticides are a big problem for a lot of people, and I know what you mean about being bankrupt!!

Margaret
Old 08-11-2016, 05:33 PM   #5

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Welcome back, Margaret! Glad to hear you're bouncing back and still pursuing your dream.
Thank you Jon!

Still fighting . . . .

Margaret
Old 08-11-2016, 05:56 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
As I get older, and so do all my family and friends... I've come to the realization we ALL have physical issues. Some are visually obvious and some are not. But we all keep moving forward, because if we don't we may as well be stuck in place (like a nail) or move backwards... I'm NOT interested in revisiting the past. Been there, done that.

Personally, I have my own health issues. I have TWO choices. Stay at home, lay on the couch... or NOT. I've found staying at home doesn't really help with my issues. And it certainly doesn't help me to lay on the couch as I have ONE life... I'm going to go.... as long as I can and it's safe for everyone on the highways (I'm sharing the road with them!).

Keep moving forward!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:27 PM   #7

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
As I get older, and so do all my family and friends... I've come to the realization we ALL have physical issues. Some are visually obvious and some are not. But we all keep moving forward, because if we don't we may as well be stuck in place (like a nail) or move backwards... I'm NOT interested in revisiting the past. Been there, done that.

Personally, I have my own health issues. I have TWO choices. Stay at home, lay on the couch... or NOT. I've found staying at home doesn't really help with my issues. And it certainly doesn't help me to lay on the couch as I have ONE life... I'm going to go.... as long as I can and it's safe for everyone on the highways (I'm sharing the road with them!).

Keep moving forward!
Hi Donna,

A lot of what you're talking about depends on how far your battery is run down. If the battery's almost dead, then there's not much you can do, sometimes.

I've never been one to lie on the couch; I think it would actually be good for me to get some rest.

But if I'm not having a flare or a migraine, even a tiny charge on the battery should (hopefully) propel me forwards.

Margaret